Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:45 PM
mopar7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indianapolis

Anyone live in Indianapolis? My company (Medco) is building a new automated Pharmacy there and I will be relocating this summer. Looking to buy a home south of Indy. Would like to know a good area, weather, and cost of living. Plus I will be hiring maintenance mechanics, controls engineers and will look at any resumes. We will also be hiring pharmacist, warehouse and machine support. Thanks for any info plus how knows you might land a good job. [sm=interesting.gif]

Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Snipman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Indianapolis

I live about 45 miles SE of Indy on I-74 and the weather sux here now. April thru October is nice with July- August being the warmest. Have had snow and now rain but March will be here soon. State hiway likes to use plenty of salt and sand and are now using this liquid salt solution that seems like it has molasses in it for a binder. LOL Weather changes quite quickly from day to day. As far as cost of living they are building a new Honda auto plant here which will emplyee about 2000 with more to come, possibly 3,00 more is the rumor, so I am scared to say what it is going to do here. I know that property here has skyrocketed and afraid taxes may do the same. Greenwood, south of Indy is also growing alot and the next place would be Franklin if you are looking due South. Both these are right on I 65. Several smaller rural areas that direction also and also my direction before and after Shelbyville along I 74. Southside HD and Manns HD are 2 dealers in that area and Solenbergs is a great indy also. Lot of good riding rural highways in the area also. Good luck in your search and move and maybe someone closer can give you some better details.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

I have friends and family there. Been there numerous times visiting. Mainly spent time on the east side. Weather is about the same as pa,except for your occational tornadoj/k

Good place to raise a family imo. no helmet laws last I checked, and some nice roads to cruise on into the country.

Any positions available online?

Some of my colleges have gone to working at home online for expresscripts...ect. I work 39hrs/w retail and about 60 hrs/m filling in for same Co. and temp agencies.
PM me and will email/send a resume. some of my experience includes ltc,Harverd U,and the V.A.
Thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 06:14 PM
stoker62
Advanced

try greenwood or plainfield I just moved to Mooresville IN. from Maryland housing is alot cheaper on the south side of Indy

Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We live on the Northeast side of Indy. The weather is what it is. It's nice May - October. It's iffy in March, April & November but still possible to have nice riding weather. Cost of living is reasonable and it's a nice place to raise a family. I've lived here most of my life.

Do you have kids? That would help with a good area to live. If you have kids and want the southside of indy I'd look at Greenwood particulary the Center Grove School district. That would be the best school district on the south side. My husband grew up on the South side of INdy so if you have any other question just fire away!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:21 PM
mopar7
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

We live on the Northeast side of Indy. The weather is what it is. It's nice May - October. It's iffy in March, April & November but still possible to have nice riding weather. Cost of living is reasonable and it's a nice place to raise a family. I've lived here most of my life.

Do you have kids? That would help with a good area to live. If you have kids and want the southside of indy I'd look at Greenwood particulary the Center Grove School district. That would be the best school district on the south side. My husband grew up on the South side of INdy so if you have any other question just fire away!
No kids but would want resale value on a home if I need to relocate aging. I would like the south side near 65 so we could have a shorter drive to TN.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
smokeygold
Road Master

Are you a Patriots fan?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I live 45 mile south of Indy on I 65. I am also a realtor. If you like PM me and I will try to answer your questions.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
mopar7
Tourer

Hell No. Dallas

ORIGINAL: smokeygold

Are you a Patriots fan?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:11 PM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser

I live 1 1/2 hours south of INDY andI have relation in Greenwood and have built a few houses in Greenwood, that area has good resale or it did a few years ago. The weather sucks in the winter from Nov. to March but your not coming from florida or texas so it wont be much different than what your use to. Good luck on your move

Quick Reply: Indianapolis