Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Police emblems a bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Are Police emblems a bad idea?

Ok...Like you said.........I'm an idiot, and your a cop.

At least I have my self respect.......you might regain yours if you spend a few nights down on the corner by the bus station commiting unnatural acts on ****.....i've heard it's good therapy for you guys.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 PM
05flhpi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, just leave it alone. You'll never win this one. I am a POC for my local fire department. We get this crap from good ol "civies" all the time...and our only job is to HELP and RESCUE.There will always be"I'm a tax payer"s who bitch 8 ways to Sunday about us, but when they need our services, they expect us to be right there with bells on.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FFERIC,

I have been in county corrections in California for over 20 years and spent a lot of time on the gang unit. I can tell you that our department has a policy stating that we are never to wear uniforms to or from work in our personal vehicles. Besides it reflecting poorly to the public, it makes you a target. I have been too many gang confrences thru the years with information regarding gang members that will kill you if they see you off duty and associated with law enforcement in any way. I will tell you there are area's in California, neighborhoods, people that just dont care and are actually looking foward and trying to find a reason to spend the rest of their lifes in prison. Harming a cop advances them among their homies and scores them points.I strongly urge that if you decide to advertise that you are in law enforcement, be very, very carefull. I for one, would never ever alert people to what I do when out in public. Putting emblems on your bike is not the place to show your pride. It may get you killed in wrong neighborhood.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

Ok...Like you said.........I'm an idiot, and your a cop.

At least I have my self respect.......you might regain yours if you spend a few nights down on the corner by the bus station commiting unnatural acts on ****.....i've heard it's good therapy for you guys.
NEED I SAY MORE after that response, really??!?!? Look under "M" in the yellow pages for MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. (Just for a brief recap Keith, this started with me only trying to defend cops. Now you are telling me that "good therapy" for police is committing sexual assaults?!?! WEIRD, very weird.)

Old 04-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

you might regain yours if you spend a few nights down on the corner by the bus station commiting unnatural acts on ****.
Ok, ok, I couldnt resist this one. I come from a whole family of Marines, and work with many former Marines, and Marines know all about the **** in the Navy. Did you really have to say anything regarding ****?
I mean since you were in the navy?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the timer cover will be enough. Just from the reaction of someone on here, that there are people whpo would damage a bike just because it belongs to a cop. I will not use names, right Keith. lol.
I have heard about gang memebers pulling that cr*p. I do have Harley Police T shirts. But I think most people don't realize it. We have a guy that will ride his bike to work in uniform. That is just stupid.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:29 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Hey....I ain't hangin out at cop forums. I'm on my side of the fence. If cops want to hang on my side and play with me, they have to stop being cops......Impossible, I know.

Like I said, I avoid them now a days but I don't cower to them. If they don't like my attitude then they have only themself to blame.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, okay. At the request of two of my brothers on this forum, I will stop messing with good ol' Keith.

"Quit messing with the crazy man...." Oops, I'll stop

Old 04-13-2008, 11:35 PM
DLeppik
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my POSE for3 years. I had a 7" Replica of my retirement badge engraved on the derby cover and a smaller one engraved on my timing cover. I do think the badge on the front fender of the 08 POSE is butt ugley and would remove it. I am a member of the BlueKnights and when attending Blue Knight events Iware myvest. You cant miss it...It's baby blue and has rockers on the back. I have parked my bike plenty of places and have never had a problem. Actually, if there is a comment its a positive one.I am proud of my profession. Vandalize my bike? Just dont let me catch you..... I just would not park it next to yodaddykieth........You think?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:43 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

I ain't passive aggressive....I'm a face to face kinda guy....ask the last 7 noses I broke and the wired jaw....their face was cream but the ride was safe.

I ain't never vandalized anyone's anything. That's for cowards.

Quick Reply: Are Police emblems a bad idea?