Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arnott air ride whos got 'em

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: arnott air ride whos got 'em

i just did the #9010-bs . (i'm keeping a 16" wheel) plus i prefer bilsteins over anything. call frank over at arnott.
IF you get the 9010bs or 9030bs kit pm me.
if you run a piggyback tuner and /or an existing air horn w/ compressor, i have the perfect install . it will work with any situation .(sert/no sert,airhorn/no airhorn,piggyback tuners /or not) they sent it to tech.? if you run a SERT only,another guy sent them a revision that is very clean as well . the kit is the schitt. very comfy and not too fancy.
EDIT. i would like to add; the control valve block and compressor are now 2 separate parts vs the 1 piece unit from earlier.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:28 AM
nobody
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Arnott air ride system,with the Bilstein shocks,and find the ride to be about as firm as the standard Harley shocks.My shocks are 9" when collapsed and the guard will sit on the tire,I use it as a security device,as I have the inflator/deflator button hidden,makes it hard to roll the bike when all the weight is on the back tire.Happy with the quality.I got mine from Bart (shooter64) here on the forum and he was cheaper than Arnott and service was 1st class,and I am in Australia.

nobody

Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

whats the differance in the ones with the exposed air bag and the all chrome covered ones. is it just 100 bucks or is it a better system. im lookin at 2 on ebay one is 699 the other 799 from arnott's store.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:37 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the aldens are covered and the bilsteins have exposed bags. if it's only $100 difference,make sure the aldens are the adjustable if you get them.i"think" the adjustables are + $200

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Big Papa75
Advanced

I just ordered a set through my local HD dealer, stage 2 for $685, also got the Arrnot psi gauge. For my 08 CVO Ultra.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Flyboy
Cruiser

I just installed the Aldan system on my 07SG.&nbsp\\; It is the best thing I've done to my bike yet.&nbsp\\; The ride is much better, and it's nice being able to adjust on the fly for bumpier roads, or two up.&nbsp\\; I'm short legged and when it's slammed it's alot easier for me to move around when parking and such.&nbsp\\; I'm running a&nbsp\\;21/18 combo on the bike, and&nbsp\\;the fact the&nbsp\\;Aldan's go up to 13" in length ofset the extra height of the front wheel when riding.&nbsp\\; I don't think I'll bother lowering the front now. &nbsp\\;My only complaint was my kit was missing the instructions and a few minor parts.&nbsp\\; Frank was good about faxing the instructions to me, but because I didn't buy the system from him he never sent me the missing parts.&nbsp\\; I got it through Bart, I never did bug him about it thinking that Arnott would get me the stuff...anyways up and running now.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:44 PM
bucs012
Road Master

I am looking at the newer Alden series at Arnott. Suppose to be Superior Cruising Shocks per Frank at Arnott. Said hands down better over their Bilstein unit. Should be for another $300!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Big Papa75
Advanced

Well I finally got them on. Arrnot and I are going to talk. The&nbsp\\;air fittings&nbsp\\;are ultra-cheap in quality. I had to buy new fittings, and use hot glue gun to make it all work. I should have bought the Legend System. I do like the ride, but I'm going to have problems in the future with air leaks, I see the writting on the wall already.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 PM
sstan
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Ryan,
&nbsp\\;
I'm not sure when you got your kit from Arnott.&nbsp\\; I just did an install of my Aldans last weekend and they came with some quality Voss fittings - brass with O-rings.&nbsp\\; I'm very impressed with the quality of the kit and&nbsp\\;ride so far.&nbsp\\; The install was pretty straightforwarded in fact the hardest part was getting the charcoal cannister out from under the battery box.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Steve

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

I just put a set on my SG and the quality is very good. The air lines are just basic air lines but the fittings are very good. I did upgrade to the handlebar mounted switch. I ordered my from Shooter and of course his price was the best I had found. I did have one problem though, one of the bags had a slit in it from what appeared to be from one of the staples being crimped into the box but I called Frank at Arnott and he fixed me up. Once I find the sweet spot for the air settings the ride is wonderful I wish I would have gotten the air gauge now so I could see where I need to be. Without air she is a buckboard though but that is to be expected.

Quick Reply: arnott air ride whos got 'em