Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my black 13" Cyclesmiths

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
glidepride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my black 13" Cyclesmiths

You did a great job with those!!!! I just installed the same bars on my 07 SG after being inspired by Cwilks who put 16" on his. Best thing I ever did on the bike. No more cramps and pains on my right side. I took a good fall from a later a few years back and it still hurts. I did move the mirrors on mine and mounted them onto the bars. I didn't like looking under my bars to look back. Now I have a better view anyways. I ended up with a ridersclaw mount for my iPOD and ran the cable along the clutch cable but I covered it in steel braiding from Autozone for $10. It blends in really well and looks like it belongs there. Bilbos has a similar mount that you can powdercoat. I ended up adding Hogtunes speakers and Polk tweeters where the mirrors were and took it for a ride right away. The best ride I have had in a long time. It actually feels better and handles easier than before. That alone is worth it considering the SG is an awsome bike to ride already.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to everyone with their ideas and thoughts of my bars and my bike. dru/ the reverend, the mirror thing, its not so bad on the left...the right is a pain cuz of the throttle cables, but am not plannin on changing them.

philm, my stability is not an issue, although ive only been ridin her with this setup since sunday night. I did notice at idle, the bars do not shake as much as stockers...fat bar the reason?

rsflhx, the wiring was really the most time consuming. i was told i had to extended it and got 1 of those kits with the pins already on it and when it came down....it wasnt enuff wiring. So we had 1 side with the extensions and the other side with none, just pulled off the connectors, ran the wire through then and reconnected.

beemervet, the pm's are sick grips

lp, Im 5'5" and Im not bent forward at all. freekin sik

thanks everyone else for the comments.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:04 AM
nsodpty52
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Gangster my friend, nice job.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Dude, I just brought my SG home tonight and I need some Monkey Bars. LOL

Yours look GREAT!!!! I will have to get me some chrome ones.