Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery date pushed back

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Delivery date pushed back

You better check more with the dealer. I bought an 07 in Augof 06 was told what date it was being shipped and it came in a few days later. My son ordered an 08 about 5 weeks ago and the dealer already had one scheduled but in a different color. Dealer simply called and changed the color but the ship date remained May 3 08. I just checked with my dealer after seeing this post and he told me he saw on the computer that the staus was changed from HD to the dealer inventory and the bike was shipped yesterday as we were told. My son is going nutswaiting for it even though he knew when the ship date was. Security system and ABS both on this bike.
Do you think your dealer may be confused? My dealer also has several setting on the floor as well as other dealers here in Indiana. About any color, with and without ABS.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is crazy. Here in colorado they had all models in tons of colors on the floor

Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

It seems nuts that with sales off in the double digits, that there would be a delay. You would think the factory would be happy to get any order....

Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser

I agree with the other posters. The dealers in my area are absolutely packed with inventory.Unless you're looking for a Crossbones or Rocker it shouldn't be difficult to find any color and option combination you're looking for.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM
birdnlarry
Intermediate

I just got back from St. Louis and stopped into Doc's and he had models out the ying yang. Saw a duplicate of my '08 UC Anniversary that was unsold. I'd been away for a week and I missed my ride! It was a matter of stopping by to reconnect! If you have to ask you wouldn't understand.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:12 PM
ICEMAN028
Advanced

I feel your pain. I ordered mine in early Feb. I was given a ship date of the 25th of April and according to the dealer they show it still on the loading docks in York PA yet to be shipped!! Dang nabbit I WANT MY BIKE!!![:@]Ok sorry enough crying from me...I feel your pain Bro.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Operator
Advanced

It is a special order Ultra POSE. Very difficult to just find those lying around I guess.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
sgt1577
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my '08 POSE Roadking in December '07 and was told to expect it in March. Stopped by the dealer today to torture myself a little further, but to my surprise when they checked the status it is now listed as shipped! The dealer was even able to provide me with the VIN# of my new bike. It should arrive any day now.

I feel your pain, but hang in there. I think it will be worth the wait!

Old 05-04-2008, 03:31 AM
Operator
Advanced

My dealer called me at about 8 tonight and said there is a possiblity that my bike may have been shipped on Friday. Apparently some other special order bikes were shipped and mine may have been in with it. He wont know until Tuesday tho. He did say if mine does not come in by the end of may he will cut me the same deal on a 08 Ultra if he has one in stock. If not, he will find one. Talk about bending over backwards......

Old 05-04-2008, 04:24 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Operator, like sgt said, hang in there if you can. It will be worth your wait. I have a 2006 RK POSE and it always gets good remarks from others who are or have been in the same profession and see the bike.

Quick Reply: Delivery date pushed back