Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About go hit at lunch

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:04 PM
bucs012
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About go hit at lunch

Yep. This lady was so nice. Just 2 blocks from my freaking house. Come to a 4 way stop. She to my right. Waves me through. As I go she about pegs me! She was turning right, right behind me. I swirved out to make sure she missed me. Probably missed my right saddle bag by a foot!

She was behind me to the next stop sign 3 blocks down the road. She hung wayyyy back. I waited for her to come up behind me.I sat at the 4 way stopand looked in both directions 5 or 6times, very slow, before I went. She probably still did not get the hint.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:27 PM
sonic
Road Captain
Default RE: About go hit at lunch

could have been much worse. glad you are ok

Old 05-15-2008, 02:28 PM
mllkn6
Tourer

Yea,after she runs you over and then drags you 100' she says I didn't see him or he ran right out in front of me at a hit rate of speed, damn bikers. Good thing you were paying close attention.
One afternoon I was going down a main highway in downtown Greenville, SC, 35 MPH posted. I watched as this lady (loosely used) looking me right in the eye the whole time she ran a stop sign at 60 MPH without any intention of stopping for me (no other vehicles for 200 feet behind me). Lucky I was paying attention and had that gut feeling she had no intention of stopping as you can see for 200 feet from either street in any direction. I did everything I could do short of laying it down to keep from hitting her as her rear bumper missed my front tire by 6". She was still looking me straight in the eye as she went by too, with a don't give a crap look.
I seen her and thought she is coming awful fast to stop, she isn't going to stop, an she was looking at me then. Never slowed up either, kept on at 60 MPH.
I had to take a few minutes to compose myself or maybe clean myself would be a better word.
Glad you are OK.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:01 PM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mllkn6

Yea,after she runs you over and then drags you 100' she says I didn't see him or he ran right out in front of me at a hit rate of speed, damn bikers. Good thing you were paying close attention.
One afternoon I was going down a main highway in downtown Greenville, SC, 35 MPH posted. I watched as this lady (loosely used) looking me right in the eye the whole time she ran a stop sign at 60 MPH without any intention of stopping for me (no other vehicles for 200 feet behind me). Lucky I was paying attention and had that gut feeling she had no intention of stopping as you can see for 200 feet from either street in any direction. I did everything I could do short of laying it down to keep from hitting her as her rear bumper missed my front tire by 6". She was still looking me straight in the eye as she went by too, with a don't give a crap look.
I seen her and thought she is coming awful fast to stop, she isn't going to stop, an she was looking at me then. Never slowed up either, kept on at 60 MPH.
I had to take a few minutes to compose myself or maybe clean myself would be a better word.
Glad you are OK.
You're rignt. You can't trust anyone at any time on the scoot.

After I shared my lunch story with another guy here at work that has a Road King. He told me his father in-law had much the same thing happen what you described above, 2 weeks ago. He was on a hiway, car coming up from a gravel road. Seen him and pull right out in front of him and did not stop. He ended up going down in a ditch and did NOT crash. That weekend he handed his helmet, leather jacket and gloves over to my bud. Said he is selling the bike. At 55 years old he isn't taking any more risks on the bike.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM
DoubleD07
Novice

I'm sure everyone has a good story about close calls, but it's a good idea to watch the rear views when coming to a stop light or stop sign. Last summer the wife and I were riding on a busy street with a higher speed limit; light turns yellow and I begin slowing for the light. I see in the rear view that the car full of teenage girls behind us isn't going to stop, so I quickly pull on to the double yellow lines and they blow right by us through the red light. Sobering experience to say the least.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 PM
IRideMineEverywhere
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mllkn6

Glad you are OK.

I would be in jail right now waiting to be tried for doing really bad things to her and her car.... I have ZERO tolerance for people like this and have been known to follow them to where they're going....

sorry... for some reason when I read that I got REALLY pissed.... didn't mean to hijack the thread...

Bucs, Glad you're ok. You were a lot nicer than I would have been.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
dowork08
Tourer

Your out there trying to enjoy yourself but all you can do is watch other people in cages so they dont hit ya......it sucks....dumb people should be outlawed

Old 05-15-2008, 03:56 PM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: IRideMineEverywhere

Bucs, Glad you're ok. You were a lot nicer than I would have been.
Ya, the thing that worry's me most from being in front of her and acting out is on my HD I don't have any protection from guns. She might have had oneloaded, under her seatand looking for a reason to take a pop!

I can hear the news flash now- It would have been all my fault....I chased her down, I ran the stop sign, I threatened her life. After all, he was a "Harley Guy."

Old 05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
IRideMineEverywhere
Tourer

Yeah.... I'm probably going to be the one you read about having that happen to them.... I shouldn't even be allowed to ride in traffic... If you look in the dictionary under "Road Rage" you'll see a picture of me...[8D] I get way too pissed way too easy...

Old 05-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

Ride safe y'all & watch out for the fools in cages. Especially if you ride in the Atl. metro area![sm=biker2.gif]

Quick Reply: About go hit at lunch