Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chose the new paint color

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM
FEAR
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Chose the new paint color

i traditionally choose black for evryhitng, but when i was shopping for my rk, 80% were black, i dont like to blend that much.

love the black cherry, i know a bike that color with silver graphics, its sweet

Old 05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kern, what color is your bike painted?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

Had a bike painted by Mark long when he did the work....Now Kenny of Razor graphics does the work.. I went there last week witha stock fender off of my steet glide with a Slight (and I mean SLIGHT) dent in the fender. Iasked Kenny what he would charge to fix the dent and re-paint the front fender. He got out he calculator, and after about 3 minutes of punching numbers, and with a straight face said $589.00!!!![sm=escape.gif]Took it to a auto repair place..fixed and painted $125.00...[sm=confused06.gif]Enjoy Mark Long and his ridiculous pricing...Yours should be in the neighborhood of $500,000.00...Oh yeah, Kenny told me I could have it back in 3 weeks..this for a guy who paid them $5,500.00 to paint my last bike!! Talk about a rip off!!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DI75

Had a bike painted by Mark long when he did the work....Now Kenny of Razor graphics does the work.. I went there last week with a stock fender off of my steet glide with a Slight (and I mean SLIGHT) dent in the fender. I asked Kenny what he would charge to fix the dent and re-paint the front fender. He got out he calculator, and after about 3 minutes of punching numbers, and with a straight face said $589.00!!!![sm=escape.gif]Took it to a auto repair place..fixed and painted $125.00...[sm=confused06.gif] Enjoy Mark Long and his ridiculous pricing...Yours should be in the neighborhood of $500,000.00...Oh yeah, Kenny told me I could have it back in 3 weeks..this for a guy who paid them $5,500.00 to paint my last bike!! Talk about a rip off!!
Damn! I was thinking around $5k with the car involved. I'll wait to see what their response it. Do you have any other recommendations for painting? I want it to turn out perfect and don't mind paying some bills but just not some crazy amount.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

If you can't do blue and white then I guess it'll work.

BTW, great color...you're bike will rock with that paint.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
PA SILVERBACK
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost painted Mine that same Color

But I ended up going with Black

LOL... I love That color,,Don't Forget pics

Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 AM
dt20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Had a bike painted by Mark long when he did the work....Now Kenny of Razor graphics does the work.. I went there last week with a stock fender off of my steet glide with a Slight (and I mean SLIGHT) dent in the fender. I asked Kenny what he would charge to fix the dent and re-paint the front fender. He got out he calculator, and after about 3 minutes of punching numbers, and with a straight face said $589.00!!!![sm=escape.gif]Took it to a auto repair place..fixed and painted $125.00...[sm=confused06.gif] Enjoy Mark Long and his ridiculous pricing...Yours should be in the neighborhood of $500,000.00...Oh yeah, Kenny told me I could have it back in 3 weeks..this for a guy who paid them $5,500.00 to paint my last bike!! Talk about a rip off!!
Damn! I was thinking around $5k with the car involved. I'll wait to see what their response it. Do you have any other recommendations for painting? I want it to turn out perfect and don't mind paying some bills but just not some crazy amount.
i know they quoted me around $2500 to paint ghost flames all around the bike.
if you can wait until this weekend i can check around in the area for you. will also be riding up to winchester harley if they have any recommendations. I can also check with SKIBO's here in stafford see if he will paint a bile.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:25 AM
Billf
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the Black Cherry Candy. Must really sparkle in the sun!!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

Have you ridden a sidecar car bike far?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dt20

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

i know they quoted me around $2500 to paint ghost flames all around the bike.
if you can wait until this weekend i can check around in the area for you. will also be riding up to winchester harley if they have any recommendations. I can also check with SKIBO's here in stafford see if he will paint a bile.
If you want to check around, I appreciate it. I return in July and the car will take 90-120 days to be made so I have some time. I can even removed and install the pieces to make it easier/cheaper. I have a enclosed trailer to deliver/pickup the sidecar too. A shop may be more willing to paint the tins if I do this for them.

Quick Reply: Chose the new paint color