Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel bags for the top of hardbag lids

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Travel bags for the top of hardbag lids

I would appreciate suggestions for travel bags that can strap to the rack on each hardbag lid.&nbsp\\; I know I have seen them before, but can't seem to find who makes them.&nbsp\\;

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:27 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default RE: Travel bags for the top of hardbag lids

Ridetek Lid Haulers

Available through distributors like Drag, etc. also.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bags for the saddlebag lids, T-Bag for top of tour pack, pulling a trailer..... hey Rick you taking the mother-n-law with you too !!!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 AM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peppa1

Bags for the saddlebag lids, T-Bag for top of tour pack, pulling a trailer..... hey Rick you taking the mother-n-law with you too !!!
LOL I know.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Actually we are weighing whether to use the trailer, or pack as much as we can and go without it.&nbsp\\; The more we think about it, the more we feel we can pack smart and not need the trailer.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
brshrideevo88@aol
Advanced

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Use a trailer, my wife and I have one and LOVE it.. It really lightens up the bikes, we both ride our own..
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Just because you have the trailer doesn't mean you HAVE to load it to the brim every time you go out. we will tow it even on short 3 day ventures, as it is so useful for leathers, helmets, cold drinks..we live in Colorado, so the bikes always have rain gear and the essentials packed at all times..
BRADD&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Glyde Dog
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased one of these off Ebay (DEKKER NELSON RIGG SUPREME FIT TOUR-PAK BAG) about a year ago and its the best trunk lid bag that I have ever owned. Really spacious and retains its shape because of the foam walls. You will not be dissapointed with this bag.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

I run lid haulers on my bags when I travel. You can use any type of stuff bag with them I would think but&nbsp\\;I use them for my leather when it's hot or I roll my rain gear up on em. Stuff like that,. They're really useful.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: gambler

ORIGINAL: Peppa1

LOL I know.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Actually we are weighing whether to use the trailer, or pack as much as we can and go without it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The more we think about it, the more we feel we can pack smart and not need the trailer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Pack light and use a laundry!

Old 06-27-2008, 01:47 PM
tbradley
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't tried this yet myself, but an old biker once shared&nbsp\\;one of the many secrets of long road trips...
&nbsp\\;
pack the oldest t-shirts you have, after you wear one, throw it away and buy a new t-shirt at one of the many places you stop.&nbsp\\; This avoids laundry stops and you get rid of all those old t-shirts.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:07 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: tbradley

I haven't tried this yet myself, but an old biker once shared&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;one of the many secrets of long road trips...
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
pack the oldest t-shirts you have, after you wear one, throw it away and buy a new t-shirt at one of the many places you stop.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; This avoids laundry stops and you get rid of all those old t-shirts.
&nbsp\\;
The other side of that coin is a $3.00 wash every 5th day (if packing the ol'lady) or once a week is a lot cheaper than those POS free advertising Harley shirts!

Quick Reply: Travel bags for the top of hardbag lids