Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/249874-adding-nitrous-to-a-bagger-is-easy.html)

Johan96 06-28-2008 07:23 AM

RE: Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!

ORIGINAL: lickmstickmman

ORIGINAL: kmvallee

One question.........WHY??????
The Whyyy???&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Hmm, I guess I never thought about it til now. But I am going thru a 40-life crisis right now. Every bar ai go to the softail (and other not bagged bikes) always teasing me about the old mans motorcycle... so I thought this would give me a good "squirrel" response... "Put your money where your mouth is and step out in the street!" Usually it is followed by group laughter... and reluctantly they do... and I hurt there feelings.... AHHHHH, sure makes an old man feel good!:D

I got that exact feeling the other day. Some friends and I went for a ride, the one guy in the goup of us had a 107" softail and been ragging on me all day... but I stayed at the back of the pack. Another bagger brethren (who knew what I had) finally backed off and let me get beside the softail at the next light. I flipped the small toggle switch and we left... he looked back only to see me beside him until the next traffic light, where I proceeded to get the jump on him and pull ahead... at the third light he stayed back a little and asked the other friend what the hell I had done... he said nothing and the softail guy stewed the rest of the day....

Evetnually I let him on it and after a few choice curse words he took back all he had said about the "old mans motorcycle".

So I guess thats why... it was my way of gettin the same thrill the big inch guys get it, but for alot less money.

my rant is done!
Benji

Benji! Great story!:D

wydopn231 06-28-2008 09:53 AM

well judging from ost the threads Im out there with you.My rkc has 95 ci with poted heads 11:1 and 59 g cams.I just added a fogger system to it.Also have plate sytem to add after I get the fogger dailed in as a stage 2 system.Maybe Im not over my dragracing days after all.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; before all the slow folks start to rant Itll all be coming off soon after the 124 ci build.Step2
&nbsp\\; step 3 will be procharger on top of the 124.
&nbsp\\; Hey man have fun and ride it like the guy who you stole it from after banging his old lady is behind you with a gun.

dog155 06-28-2008 11:44 AM

I can just imagine how hard a man would have to ride knowing he is being chased by a man with a gun.Once considered NOS,turbo,supercharging,all of it.Considering the money to be spent just making the motor reliable made the decision easy.When I feel the need for speed I never wanted to&nbsp\\;wonder about how&nbsp\\;NOS was left in the bottle.So big inch was the ulimate answer for this cat.Win or lose on that ribbon of asphalt it will be done on motor alone and it's a sleeper.

wydopn231 06-28-2008 08:12 PM

yea but big cubes with extra just up the fun more.I admit it Im horsepower junkie checking into the James watts clinic next week.If have to ask who that is your fine and dont need to join me.

lickmstickmman 06-28-2008 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Towpro

Ok, that about sums it up Benji....guess I will have to add the NOS as well...might meet ya on the highway one night, I need to be able to keep up !!! LOL

How in the hell have ya been man ???

Hey Tow... couldnt get any buddies to ride with ya to MIR last weekend? Go ahead, add it as something extra! I like it, and I dont ride around with the bottle open all the time... I just wait for the teasing to begin then I crack the bottle!

Benji

PapaTravis 06-29-2008 12:31 AM

I know ya said that ya bought it from a guy, but what would this run me to set up? And, how difficult was it to install?

wydopn231 06-29-2008 09:28 AM

if looking for easy system stay away from the foggers.Theres company that advertises in hot bikes I think its Boss noss or something like that.They have a base 30 hp sytem,a 2 nozzle system for 60 hp and 3 nozzle for 90.These are of coarse just estimated gains.If just looking to bust some other harley guys buts the 30 will probaly be fine for you.If looking to piss off some yard apes on rice burners the 3 nozzle sytem with at least 2 ways toactivate would be best. I think the base system was aroun 800 bucks little pricey to me but for 30 hp and very easy setup its not bad.Its just basic bolton with very little wiring.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; If you have a carb its easy to install the system from eldebrock it basically hides under a cover and looks like a new horn cover.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; If you by adjustable sytems start out rich and go from there.
&nbsp\\; Nitrous is not as bad as its rep if installed and maintained properly.Most problems come from not enough fuel ,be it bad pump glogged jets what ever.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Ive been running dual sytem on my hotrod bike for 8 years and never hurt it yet,but I have complicated sytem that requires good maintance and few extra safetys I built into it.
&nbsp\\; If not knowledgable just buy simple system and go play,its the cheapest bang for the buck there is.

bigskyhd 06-29-2008 07:15 PM

Well done.&nbsp\\; Looks great, and sounds like it runs super.&nbsp\\; I'd love to have the power, but I need the space to store junk when moma travels.&nbsp\\; Can't have it all.&nbsp\\; But looks like you're close.

BEAST 06-29-2008 07:23 PM

I know where your coming from but, 40 is NOT old man. When you get old you start thinking different. Like what if a kid steps out between a couple of cars, or this is not responsable on the citys streets.

BadPiggy 06-29-2008 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I know ya said that ya bought it from a guy, but what would this run me to set up? And, how difficult was it to install?
I sold the kit to Benji at an awesome price.
If buying this kit new, you'd have about $800 in it.
I did all the hard work of the install, forwarded Benji detailed pics of how things are plumbed.
If you have some pretty good mechanical ability, you can install it yourself.
Plumbing the intake manifold to accept the nozzles is pretty tedious since you don't have much room.
If not, leave it alone.