Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!

I picked up a used NOS kit from BadPiggy on this forum. It has the 2lb bottle installed in the left rear bag. The whole thing is installed "stealthy". Arming switch is mounted to the horn bracket, microswitch is the only thing you can see mounted to the side of the CV, fuel pump is behind the left side cover, the solenoids are in the area between the seat and the engine. I ran all wires and hoses under the tank and into the stock harness, the less you see the better! If you look real hard you can see the jets sticking out of the intake... but you have to look realllll hard...

I have just uploaded pics to my Flickr account here:

Pics

I have used only one bottle of squirreling around, but man, does it come on like a bat out of hell! Officially I have made only one pass on it so far at the track before technical issues (blown fuse)... it ran 12.60 @ 103, but the bike ran 12.79 @ 102.3 without it, so I need to make a few more passes.

Benji

Old 06-27-2008, 10:19 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!

You've gotta be kidding right?&nbsp\\; I'm all for going all out and all, but NOS?&nbsp\\; Granted you don't got any ordinary bagger, I like what you've done to it.&nbsp\\; Just seems to be an oxymoron,&nbsp\\;something along the lines of "jumbo shrimp"

Old 06-27-2008, 10:46 PM
kmvallee
Cruiser

One question.........WHY??????

Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 AM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kmvallee

One question.........WHY??????
The Whyyy???&nbsp\\; Hmm, I guess I never thought about it til now. But I am going thru a 40-life crisis right now. Every bar ai go to the softail (and other not bagged bikes) always teasing me about the old mans motorcycle... so I thought this would give me a good "squirrel" response... "Put your money where your mouth is and step out in the street!" Usually it is followed by group laughter... and reluctantly they do... and I hurt there feelings.... AHHHHH, sure makes an old man feel good!

I got that exact feeling the other day. Some friends and I went for a ride, the one guy in the goup of us had a 107" softail and been ragging on me all day... but I stayed at the back of the pack. Another bagger brethren (who knew what I had) finally backed off and let me get beside the softail at the next light. I flipped the small toggle switch and we left... he looked back only to see me beside him until the next traffic light, where I proceeded to get the jump on him and pull ahead... at the third light he stayed back a little and asked the other friend what the hell I had done... he said nothing and the softail guy stewed the rest of the day....

Evetnually I let him on it and after a few choice curse words he took back all he had said about the "old mans motorcycle".

So I guess thats why... it was my way of gettin the same thrill the big inch guys get it, but for alot less money.

my rant is done!
Benji

The following users liked this post:
papifun (11-22-2020)
Old 06-28-2008, 12:22 AM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

I hear ya man.&nbsp\\; That's why I'm keeping my Duece.&nbsp\\; Told my woman I was going to sell it after I got the bagger to make her comfy.&nbsp\\; I just can't seem to find anyone who wants to buy it

Old 06-28-2008, 01:36 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it is awesome. I would love to throw some NOS on my bike, just for fun. And, for those asking "WHY?"... Hell, I say why not... Ride on...

Old 06-28-2008, 01:53 AM
PA SILVERBACK
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I think it is awesome. I would love to throw some NOS on my bike, just for fun. And, for those asking "WHY?"... Hell, I say why not... Ride on...
Amen to that

Old 06-28-2008, 05:50 AM
binkman78
Club Member

ORIGINAL: PA SILVERBACK

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Amen to that
&nbsp\\;
+2

Old 06-28-2008, 05:53 AM
rickxx
Tourer

nice....to each their own.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Towpro
Banned

Ok, that about sums it up Benji....guess I will have to add the NOS as well...might meet ya on the highway one night, I need to be able to keep up !!! LOL

How in the hell have ya been man ???

Quick Reply: Adding Nitrous to a bagger is easy!