Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife has long legs-options to extend pegs-raise her seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:27 AM
TexasVet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wife has long legs-options to extend pegs-raise her seat?

+1 on these pegs.&nbsp\\; My wife is not as tall as yours, she's 5' 7.&nbsp\\; I bought the Kury Adj pegs off of ebay, which was being sold by Eastern Performance and was cheaper than anywhere I could find.&nbsp\\; Here is a the pegs being sold by Eastern on Ebay:&nbsp\\;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KURYA...spagenameZWDVW

Just check that the model number of the pegs is for you scoot.&nbsp\\; The 4571 number for my my 08 and no upgraded exhaust or not SE.

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

Get her a set of the Kuryakin adjustable passenger peg mounts.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; She will be able to move her feet around in a number of positions, including on the stock floorboard.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; They bolt to your passenger board mount and are easy to put on.

Just google "kuryakin adjustable passenger" and you'll find them all over the internet.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:32 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

My wife is 5'11" with very nice long legs as well. I put the Kuryakyn Adjustable pegs on mine, and she is much happier now. Not exactly what she was looking for, but I don't have any complaints now.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 AM
dietdewboy
Tourer

I have the same problem too, very leggy chick. I haven't found a solution either, Road King Customs dont have passenger floorboards just pegs.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 975 Likes on 530 Posts

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

Get her a set of the Kuryakin adjustable passenger peg mounts.&nbsp\\;She will be able to move her feet around in a number of positions, including on the stock floorboard.&nbsp\\;They bolt to your passenger board mount and are easy to put on.

Just google "kuryakin adjustable passenger" and you'll find them all over the internet.
&nbsp\\;
+1&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I have them on mine and the wifey loves them, I also have the tall backrest and a Mustang 2 piece touring seat which is higher and larger than the factorys passenger seat.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have lowered the pegs to the lowest point already. I'm going to look at those Kury adjustable pegs. As far as the dealer I like to stay away from there as much as possible. Money seems to bleed when I get them involved. I am getting the tall backreat with the large oval backrest for her and I was thinking about a Sundowner too. The passenger pilon is 14" as opposed to the stock RK seat pilon width of 11". Heres a G rated pic of Mrs Ace at Myrtle Beach this year...
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ace07FXDL

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have lowered the pegs to the lowest point already. I'm going to look at those Kury adjustable pegs. As far as the dealer I like to stay away from there as much as possible. Money seems to bleed when I get them involved. I am getting the tall backreat with the large oval backrest for her and I was thinking about a Sundowner too. The passenger pilon is 14" as opposed to the stock RK seat pilon width of 11". Heres a G rated pic of Mrs Ace at Myrtle Beach this year...
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Very lovely photo of Mrs. Ace I might add.&nbsp\\; And hope that you can solve the problem with leg room.&nbsp\\; One thing that I've found on my RK is when adding the Tour Pac, and positioning very far back it affords lots of leg room.
&nbsp\\;
ONly other solution is that you get her a bike!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
gordon188
Tourer

I am thinking maybe you should post a pic of her legs, might help solve the problem. &nbsp\\;

Old 07-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member

I know you said you wanted to stay away from the dealer as much as possible, but as a passenger I have to put in my .02.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;HD sells an adjustable passenger footboard mount kit part # 50768-07.&nbsp\\; The lowest position&nbsp\\;is 2.5 in forward from stock.&nbsp\\;And it's chrome, which is usually a plus.&nbsp\\;It seems that right now you only have passenger pegs, but footboards are a world more comfy then pegs to start add in the extra room the mount kit provides and she would find it's like a completely different bike for her.&nbsp\\; If as a rider you feel the footboards intefere while you have your foot down, she could always kick them up and hold her feet back while your in low speed turns and until you get going, that's what I do for Dave.
&nbsp\\;
As for arm rests on leather TourPaks, HD also has the Premium Leather Tour-Pak, part # 79189-06 that does have arm rests and will fit 97 and later RoadKings.&nbsp\\; It came stock on the 06 SE Ultra and it wont exactly match&nbsp\\;a RK Custom or Classic, but it will work if the arm rests are a must have. A word of warning it is extremely expensive to buy new, but you may get lucky looking for a good used.
&nbsp\\;
I've been doing my homework on this for some time, we are about to go on a 10,000 mile tour and I was given free reign to&nbsp\\;find this stuff for my friend, her&nbsp\\;husband has an 03&nbsp\\;RK Classic.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Just a suggestion from the Mrs's POV.