Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

105th StreetGlide no where to be found!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 AM
scg1953
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sleepman was just trying to help

Sharknu,

The guy was just trying to help!! Adding LOL at the end of a RUDE comment does not remove it's sting.
By the way ... you have reason to proud of your bike. It looks great even if it had pink polka dots. My opinion is that we all bought the bike and color we wanted. It dosen't really matter what anyone else thinks.... Does it?
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???

Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
sharknu
Cruiser
Default thanks sleepman

Thanks for letting us know where one is. That is one beautiful bike. The copper and black go real good together.
And you SGC....have I ever made fun of your bike? NOOO....okay then....this is between me and the people that are putting my bike down....SO YOU STAY OUT OF IT>>>>>>Keep your wise crack comments to your neighbors like Rock said!!! LOL LOL LOL at the end of the post!!! I forgot....you seem to know what LOL at the end of the post means because you are a mind reader. This has been a fun thread until you popped your thoughts on it!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
scg1953
Tourer

sharknu,
Sorry to offend you. But if you read my post again, you will find that I am actually defending your choice in bike AND color.
I do agree that my "polka dot" comment is confusing... What I meant to say was.. We all made our choice and shouldn't need to defend that choice as long as we are happy. Please be proud of yours. I am very proud of mine.
I never implied that you had put mine down nor I yours. My apologies if thats what you thought.
Actually I really didn't care for the copper color when it first came out but it has started to grow on me to the point I really wouldn't mind having one.
All that being said. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but dosen't LOL mean "Laugh Out Loud". If it does, I just dont see the humor where it was used.
SORRY to offend not my intention

Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost bought a 105 SG at the HD Dealer on Friday but went with a new 09 SG instead.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 PM
realbiker
Cruiser

As a former owner of a 100th annivesary bike, I wouldn't consider the 105th a collector yet! I don't see hardly any 100th's either. I thought the 105th's would be a great success, but apparently the buying public didn't. Sorry, all owners of 105th's. The limited numbers should have been in your favor, but it didn't seem to work that way. There has been lots of 105th's @ almost all dealers, year long. Most of the TN. dealers have them and are selling them at deals. I recently returned from out West, and the same went there too! Just enjoy, your bike and ride it! If someone wants one, try Abernathy's in Union City, TN, Bumpus in Memphis,Collierville,Jackson and Murfreesboro,TN, also Cool Springs in Franklin and Smokey Mountain in Marysville. I will say the discounts have been getting them out the door, most have said! Just ride it!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bottom line is a rare or unique vehicle is only worth what someone else is willing to give you for it. To me personally the 105th wasn't special and I wouldn't give someone anymore for it 10 years down the road then I would now. My Spyder in my sig pic is a Premier Edition #3728 out of 3850, that doesn't make it worth anymore to anyone whose not interested in it. Down the road would a person with a 105th be able to sell it for more money, quite possibly if you find someone who really wants it. If I can find one sitting at a dealership then I don't really consider it rare, on the other there may be parts of the country where you can't buy them.

To each his own, if you like it keep it and ride it. If you bought one thinking it would be a collectors item then my suggestion would be to store it, it'll be worth more money down the road without high mileage.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:18 PM
candyx
Tourer

"lowest form of currency" What the hell is that about,Dude it took me a few days at the dealer to count the 2,200,000 pennies when i purchased my 105th.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
speckfisher
Road Master

Hey sleepman54, not to hijack this thread but that is a cool can-am. PM me on how it handles and rides. I have never seen anything like that before. Look forward to your PM.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

At least three 105th bikes at Triple S Harley in Morgantown, WV.

One was a Road Glide, the other two I forget,

Old 08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
sharknu
Cruiser
Default Looked at Triple S Harley

Indeed one is a 105th RG, (2) 105th Fatboy's, 1 105th Ultra Classic. And yes....once again....105th SG no where to be found!!!
Thanks for trying to help out.
sharknu

Quick Reply: 105th StreetGlide no where to be found!!!