Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little assistance from you riders stateside

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM
capnevs_80
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little assistance from you riders stateside

I'll try to keep my sob story short and sweet. I'm currently in Iraq and will be returning back to the states within a month. I have had a 09 RG Mirange Orange on order for a few monts now but they just can't seem to locate the color with the options I want.

Fast forward to the e-mail i received today stating that they have 2 available, one in Vivid Black and one in Red Hot Denim. I was just curious if anyone had a pic of their bike in one of these colors. The HD website just dosen't have the best pics to do them justice. Honestly, the color is not life or death for me, but I'm just trying to make the best decision I can from the position I'm in. Thanks for your time!

R Nevin

Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Call ur CONGRESSMAN ASAP!!! U did ur duty HD should pony up!!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Vivid Black Dude, the coolest and fastest color! thanks for your service, be safe, ride safe!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:33 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just curious, I'm here in Afghanistan and have a 09 SG on order for April Delivery. I thought if you ordered a specific color, thats what they build for you. Did you go though aafes?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 AM
capnevs_80
2nd Gear

The way I understood it when I ordered, they wouldn't have their allotment of 09's until 1 DEC. Now, my orginal order was for a deep pearl blue UC which they found and locked in pretty quickly. After I changed my order to the orange RG, the dubai office kept my delivery date the same. After talking to the rep today though, apparently they have 09's now.

Bottom line, during the entire process they never stated or sugested in any way to me that the delivery date (which is more like a "no earlier than" time) had any effect on your choice of color or model. To the best of my knowledge, the only time that is applicable is if you ordered a CVO model. It's not gospel, but you may want to double check with your affes rep.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 AM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been there done that: don't you miss the color GREEN? I ordered my Sportster when I was on Guam and picked from an available list of bikes on a manifest (had mine shipped there so my choices were limited: couldn't get a FXDL there). Same works for the "P/U Stateside" bikes, too. Buddy of mine ordered his for P/U in Phoenix and it was gassed. oiled, and ready to go! If the MilSales is any good, you should be getting a great deal on a new bike for less than the civies here are paying, dunno, I wouldn't worry so much about color myself. But if you are, find out when the next list comes out and order off that list but will push the delivery date back. Welcome back to RealWorld (soon)!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Both the red and black are going to look good, but after all you've gone through, just make em give you the color you ordered. You may have to wait month or two extra, but winter's coming anyway. GET THE COLOR YOU WANT. So that you're not kicking yourself a year from now.