Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chopped Tour Pak Backrest Template

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:32 AM
tim and robin
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Tour Pak Backrest on Chopped Pak , Template

We have a chopped tour pak and want to install larger wrap around backrest. Need template from Kit#52201-97B,52395-03A. Found a good deal on unused backrest for king tour pak, but no template. Can anyone help us out?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM
RoadGlide0611
Advanced

I'm looking for the same stencil for the wrap around backrest if anyone can send me one, I would appreciate it.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:36 PM
harleycanuck
3rd Gear

I had the same problem - wanted a chopped backrest on a king tour pak - so I went to my local dealership, took some measurements, and made the attached template. Worked like a charm on my bike. Use the dimensions on the template to confirm that it is the right size when you print it out.

Enjoy.

Attached Files
Old 12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
wakestar
Stage III

I'm not able to open this file could you email to chris@wakestar.com it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycanuck
I had the same problem - wanted a chopped backrest on a king tour pak - so I went to my local dealership, took some measurements, and made the attached template. Worked like a charm on my bike. Use the dimensions on the template to confirm that it is the right size when you print it out.

Enjoy.
WOW!!!!! This place is the best !!

I have an aftermarket chopped tour pak and the backrest pad I ordered arrived today. I was clueless as to how I was going to mark holes for drilling.

This will work PERFECT!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 02:49 PM
472viper
Road Warrior

Like I say I have an aftermarket chopped tour pak (power products). It has what I believe is an HD lid tether. The lid tether has a metal backing plate with 4 holes. Two of the holes mount the plate to the lid and the other two holes (currently not drilled through the lid) line up perfectly with two of the backrest mount studs.

So drilling those two holes will register the template to the lid and should make drilling the other 4 holes a breeze.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

subscribed

Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 AM
472viper
Road Warrior

Installed my chopped backrest last night.

I printed harleycanuck's template and initially tried to use it as printed. That don't work as it does not print to scale. The measurements are correct, just make your own template from those measurements, the template is not correct right off the printer.

The mounts on the chopped tour pack are rubber mounted and allow movement, unnecessary and makes lining up the holes a PIA. I had to bend one of the tabs on the backrest mount to get everything to line up.

Definatly drill the holes slightly oversize.....it helps in getting all the studs through the tour pak lid.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:34 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 472viper
Installed my chopped backrest last night.

I printed harleycanuck's template and initially tried to use it as printed. That don't work as it does not print to scale. The measurements are correct, just make your own template from those measurements, the template is not correct right off the printer.

The mounts on the chopped tour pack are rubber mounted and allow movement, unnecessary and makes lining up the holes a PIA. I had to bend one of the tabs on the backrest mount to get everything to line up.

Definatly drill the holes slightly oversize.....it helps in getting all the studs mount through the tour pak lid.
resurrecting a old thread. I need to mount my Chopped Tour Pack backrest. Appears I have to drill six holes to mount, which the pack has raised places where to drill so no template needed. My question is do you tighten the rubber cylinder bolts first then put the other bolts thru the pack or vice versa?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 PM
472viper
Road Warrior

I think you want them tight enough that they don't flop but loose enough that they will move when you do initial install.

Then when you get everything where you want it, go back and tighten those rubber cylinder bolts so that they don't move.

I suggest drilling real small pilot holes the first time, then see how everything lines up. I ended up having to bend one of the tabs that one of the mounts was on. It was off by about the distance of a hole, but bending the tab fixed that.

Last edited by 472viper; 05-07-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Chopped Tour Pak Backrest Template