Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show-Polished Brembo SS Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Show-Polished Brembo SS Hardware

I received my Alloy Boltz bolt sets yesterday. Have not installed them yet, but they look really nice. The 12 point caliper attachment bolt needs a 13mm 12pt socket. The stock head bolts use a 10mm 12pt socket, so the new stainless polished bolt heads are larger and should look great on the caliper. The brake pad pin bolts look great as well, and they require a 6 mm Allen.

Torque specifications for these stainless steel bolts are reduced from what the stock bolts require. Torque specs are included on an inserted flyer in the shipping box. Installation encourages the use of either silver anti-seize or blue locktite. This reduction in torque is not because of any weakness in the bolts, on the contrary, it is protecting the weakness of the aluminum threads into which these stronger SS bolts are installed. Alloy Boltz indicates these bolts are much stronger than the stock caliper hardware.

Some will shutter at the cost of the bolts, but for those of you that are interested, the front sells for $39 and the rear set for half that. So all in all, I have $66.10 invested to get them to my door. That is for 12 polished stainless steel bolts. And yes, I can do the math and yes there may be cheaper alternatives and no I am not concerned. This is what I wanted after doing a little research on options...but it may not be for you.

You can find some info here if you are interested:

http://alloyboltz.com/catalog/produc...pg01087d6s7cr5

There were a few posts with some disagreement on what you order versus what you get....I didn't find any issues with getting exactly what I thought I was ordering. Here is a picture of the two bag set:

Attached Thumbnails Show-Polished Brembo SS Hardware-dsc_0922.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 545 Posts

Those looks great Joe! Can't wait to see pics of them installed - subtle enough, but a huge difference, I'm sure. I might need to put these of the short list.

Btw, are you running black or chrome calipers?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Alloy Boltz is a great alternative to Harley chrome bolt packages. I bought the standard polished engine kit from them a couple years ago and the bolts look as good today as they did when I received them. The nice part is when I go to Padre Island and leave the bike out over night these bolts DON'T have any rust in the sockets unlike chromed bolts. And doing the math for Low Country's brake kit $5.50 per bolt delivered ain't bad!

Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard719

Btw, are you running black or chrome calipers?
Still with the stock black. Lowers and Diamondback front brake lines are done. May move to chrome when I do my wheels. Not sure yet.