Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legal Speeding motorcycle dolly

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollon
Rodeo, i don't have a problem getting my bike up on 1/2' plywood. Can you do that? if so, is there a difference in the plywood ( really 3/8" probably) and the Park-n-move height?
I just got home from a trip and have not tried any wood under my bike but one of the resellers of the dolly (www.cyclegadgets.com) emailed me and said that the height of the dolly is 5/8". He suggested adding plywood under the rear wheel only. NO I havent tried just the C-Stand on wood (1/2" or 3/8") but I am planning on trying just putting 1/4" or so under the rear wheel. Maybe that 5/8" is just the point where I can't do it (as big as I am) and maybe just a shim under one wheel will help. I'll try this as soon as time allows and report back. I really hope to make the dolly work for me..

By the way, thus far the manufacturer Legal Speeding has been totally unresponsive to any email communications (from weeks ago or current ones), either pre sale or post sale. (Wheeldock they are not!)

Last edited by RODEO; 02-09-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Default FINAL Opinion - Park-N-Move

Today I finally had time to revist my newly acquired Park-N-Move from Legal Speeding. I mentioned easlier that no way, no how could I get the bike on the center stand, on top of the P&M.

Today I first rolled the rear wheel over about 1/4" of spacer material to get the rear end up a bit.
With much effort, (much more effort then normal for just the center stand alone on flat ground) it finally went up on the P&M.

Then I tried to jockey the bike around (you know, like in Legal Speeding's videos) and that was not nearly as easy as the videos seem. All I wanted this device for was to rotate my scoot 180 degrees to face the other direction. Spent 5 minutes trying and my opinion is this device is not made for big heavy bikes like Harley's. Maybe it works for scooters and crotch rockets but it isn't going to work for me on my Glide. Now I have the bike "stuck" on the dolly and so far have not been able to get it off there. I have a feeling I'll need to reverse the process and roll the front wheel over some spacers to raise the bike up again. (Or maybe spacers under both wheels at once.) It' seems to be a well made quality product, but I feel it just is not made to work with big heavy cruisers with aftermarket center stands. Mine will go to ebay unless someone wants it for $150 shipped. I noticed they took down the videos of the Gold Wing on one. I dont know why. I can back my bike out into gravel easier then fighting with this thing, and that was my entire goal to eliminate in the first place. (I'll look forward to the gravel now) Remember, this is simply my opinion, I have no axe to grind.

(I had to roll the bike up onto 2X4s to finally get this off the P&M, but alas, it's off there.)

-

-

Last edited by RODEO; 02-15-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

It's SOLD (eBay). good riddance....

Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Rodeo, sure am sorry you had so much trouble with the stand. Really like your bike, i rode a rental Road Glide in Arizona and enjoyed the day.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master

I spoke with the guy who I think makes these at the Chicago Bike Show. He was demoing the thing with a sport bike. When I asked him if it would work with my RG he said they had not tested it yet, but would within a few weeks. He’s supposed to e-mail me after it is tested.

Once the bike was on the stand it was easy for him to move it around. I noticed that he had a hard time getting the bike on the stand square. Several times the stand was skewed but still seemed to work ok. I like the idea of being able to move my RG around, just not sure if I want to do it on the center stand.

Last edited by GT_RoadGlide; 02-16-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rollon
Rodeo, sure am sorry you had so much trouble with the stand. Really like your bike, i rode a rental Road Glide in Arizona and enjoyed the day.
The FLTRs are fantastic bikes! Don't hesitate to buy one for yourself. If you can, go for an 09 model with all the major chages. The bike is pure pleasure..

Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the update...

Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good review Rodeo..You save me some money and time. Thanks!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO

Now I have the bike "stuck" on the dolly and so far have not been able to get it off there.

(I had to roll the bike up onto 2X4s to finally get this off the P&M, but alas, it's off there.)
That is really funny (I'm laughing with you - not at you).........I've been in some deals like that. "What have I doen to myself now?" kind of thing.

Just try the Red Sears jack. that's all I use and it would be easy to jack it up and turn the bike around. It fits under the bike with the Wheel dock easier than on the side stand.

I got it at a store sale for $70 I think. Even at $100 it's cheaper that that floor dolly.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...0&gobutton.y=7

Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
That is really funny (I'm laughing with you - not at you).........I've been in some deals like that. "What have I doen to myself now?" kind of thing.

Just try the Red Sears jack. that's all I use and it would be easy to jack it up and turn the bike around. It fits under the bike with the Wheel dock easier than on the side stand.

I got it at a store sale for $70 I think. Even at $100 it's cheaper that that floor dolly.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...0&gobutton.y=7

You know, I never considered that. (Simply using the jack to turn the bike around) but I could! I own the Craftsman yellow PRO Jack. Gott'a try this this coming weekend.

Yea it's really a crappy feeling when you realize that OK I finally got it on there, but now how the heck will it come off and then you try and it doesn't budge and you say to yourself "Now what?" You quickly realize you got yourself into another mess that will require thought and time.

Last edited by RODEO; 02-17-2009 at 08:53 AM.