Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J & S Jack

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, I'm glad I like my pitbull jack way better then j&m, ooops that was a different thread....can't we all just get along? ahhh but what fun would that be?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just read through this whole thread.

Seems to me that this has been a healthy and respectful discussion. It seems obvious that there has been some misunderstanding of the rules. It also seems that there may be some disagreement of the rules. So what. That’s the way a forum works. We discuss it, work it out, resolve it, end it, improve it, f**k it, who cares.

I can understand both sides on this issue and think it's interesting and worth discussing further.

I completely agree that it’s best to actually contribute to the discussion, whichever side you happen to be on. The worst thing about public forums is that it’s too easy for someone to throw out a cheap shot or a personal insult when they know they have the luxury, safety and anonymity of hiding behind their computer. Life is about respect and people that take cheap shots on a forum probably take cheap shots in life.

Back to the topic. My personal .02 is that is seems to make sense to be able to have a little extra ammo when approaching vendors to become sponsors. I see no harm in doing polls or survey type threads to see what kind of products our members are interested in. But then it’s not my forum so I don’t get to make the rules.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubadog
Wow. Just got back online and read this thread. Since you asked me some questions, I figure it would be respectful to give you the answers.

1) I am not a sponsor and I am not promoting a non-sponsor. I did not even start the post. I do however support and promote the original post by SNS that asked the simple question of who might be interested in getting a good deal on a specific product.

You forgot the six others you did start with links and all, I don't know you from adams apples, for all I know you could own the jack company.

I had talked with SNS about this whole deal in PM's it was his thread as the OP.

2) As far as promoting non-sponsors, people promote non-sponsors EVERY single day on this forum. Sears, Zumo, Rinehart, Chicago Harley, etc, etc, etc just to name a few. So if I understand your rule correctly, you don’t have any problem at all with people promoting products from non-sponsors. You just don’t want people promoting group buying of those products.

The owners do care and we have had a large problem with this lately from both spammers and business' of all kinds, you will see us defending our paying sponsors more vigorously here now and in the future, I'm sure you do not give away your work so we do not expect our sponsors to pay for bandwidth (yes they keep us running) so other non sponsors can benefit from not paying and still get sales, stuff like this can cause sponsors to leave HDF so if we gain one and lose ten how would that work out, wouldn't you be loyal to your paying sponsors if this was your site?

3) I was NOT disrespectful. I simply asked why the thread was deleted. Then there was another post by someone else (not me) trying to get a 10 people from this forum together to buy 10 Harleys at a group discount. So I simply asked if Harley was a forum sponsor. Apparently you didn’t like these two questions and so you decided I was disrespectful. I don't see it that way so I'm afraid that's going to have to be your problem.

So we don't see eye to eye, I will give you the benefit of the doubt you never saw my posts in your other post on this in touring!

4) I did read your PM. It was a simple note telling me that group buys are done through sponsors.

Look, I sincerely appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining this site and that it is a privilege for me to be able to use it for free. I also understand that it is your site so you get to make any rules and policies that you want. So now that I think I understand this rule, let me respectfully ask you a simple question.

Would it be OK to post the following thread?

“If ACME Motorcycle Parts were to agree to become a sponsor on this forum and agree to give HD Forum members a discount of 20%, would any of you be interested in purchasing their products?

Actually until the powers to be get back on this whole deal no it would not..

Sincerely & Respectfully, Scubadog
Look I'm all for helping the members here and getting new sponsors if something can work out on this, if anyone can show me where I haven't tried to do this on this whole deal, well hell you can't.

Sincerely and Respectfully, John TN

Old 12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Fair enough John. I understand your position and the rules regarding sponsors.

Where can I find a listing of all of the forum sponsors? Thanks.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:35 AM
mps1168
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To All:

For what's it's worth as I stated way early before this thread took a left turn into the ditch. I actually live a few blocks from the J+S Jackman. If I can assit in approaching him on interest in becoming a sponsering member or whatever someone please email me directly and I'll be happy to do some actual face to face with them.

I have nothing to gain, I already have a J+S jack and love it. If I can help out some fellow bikers so be it. If it helps this website that I visit every day all the better for all of us.

So again, I am willing to do a little legwork here for you, just send me some details.
mps1168@yahoo.com

Thanks mps

Old 12-29-2008, 03:18 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubadog
Fair enough John. I understand your position and the rules regarding sponsors.

Where can I find a listing of all of the forum sponsors? Thanks.
Working on that at the moment, waiting on a reply.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
cw4530
6th Gear

I was just curious If anything ever came of making J&S Jacks a sponsor, so we may get a group buy together. If I missed a posting on this please tell me what the out come was.
Thanks

Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 AM
deni
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the tip you guys, I ordered my JS & it shipped yesterday.
At least I won't have to stand in line when you get your group order together.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 AM
RickDeVon
Banned

Hope I don't get in trouble for this.......
I still want a few members from here in the ATL area to buy a new Harley from one dealer at one time . We can team up and be ready when the 2010s come out and get new or left over 09s. Or I am ready to buy when you are. Can I get 3 buyers ?????????

Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
lpitman
Advanced

Originally Posted by cw4530
I was just curious If anything ever came of making J&S Jacks a sponsor, so we may get a group buy together. If I missed a posting on this please tell me what the out come was.
Thanks
Me too!!!

Quick Reply: J & S Jack