Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any of you have this product or know of anyone who has used it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:51 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any of you have this product or know of anyone who has used it?

Hey all I have thought about removing the grab bar from my 2008 Street Glide. I was informed about this product from a member of this forum, but before I pull the trigger I would like to know if anyone has used it?

Here is the link, please let me know!

http://www.bruisersinc.com/index.html

Thanks for your help!

RJ

Ride safe, there is no riding in Chicago this time of year, its 12deg out right now!!!

Happy NEW YEAR!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Motorboatn SOB
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an 08 SG as well. I replaced my grab bar with the Autogem shotgun LED's. Cleans up the back of the bike while giving you more brake lighting. I got the clear ones with red lights and they are pretty much hidin untill they light up. The bracket is strudy and ties everything back together nicely. Good luck.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,222 Likes on 2,468 Posts

i bought an extra one (used, cheap) to keep on the shelf then just cut off the one that is on the bike. a lot cheaper than the 86.00 for the bruisers one (+ cost of end caps). went to lowes and got a couple of hole plugs and plugged them up.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:25 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats what I was planning on doing was adding those lights, I really like the look of them! As far as cutting off the bar, I belive from what I have been told it is removeable, no need to cut it off.. but not sure about your bike, but on the Street Glide it is removeable.

I was thinking about going with that kit, due to the fact that I thought it might move the lights further into the seating area, more of less hiding the lights even more? And cleaning it up even better? I guess I Was dreaming to think that someone would have used this kit? Anyone, anyone?
Thanks for the advice guys!
RJ

Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,222 Likes on 2,468 Posts

Originally Posted by rerb95
thats what I was planning on doing was adding those lights, I really like the look of them! As far as cutting off the bar, I belive from what I have been told it is removeable, no need to cut it off.. but not sure about your bike, but on the Street Glide it is removeable.
yes, it is removeable, but if you take it off, something needs to go back where it bolts on, spacers or something.....

thats why i bought a used one for 15 bucks and cut off mine. keeps everything lined up the way its supposed to be, and was cheap.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Puzzled
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used and sold several of their kits. They are quality brackets and end caps.

The AuotGems are nice if you like the lights and are about the same cost as the Bruisers Inc.

There are also just brackets available similar to the Bruisers Inc without the mounting boss for the end caps for around $30.00.

Attached Thumbnails any of you have this product or know of anyone who has used it?-12web.jpg   any of you have this product or know of anyone who has used it?-26.jpg   any of you have this product or know of anyone who has used it?-cv4812.jpg