Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power commander / Canned Maps - have "You" used the canned and loaded it ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default power commander / Canned Maps - have "You" used the canned and loaded it ??

I am looking at installing the Vance and Hines pro pipe HS - the chrome versison... Anyway... Not really wanting to hand my Stealer $375 to do a dyno tune / custom Mapping.

I am NOT in need of top HP or Torque. My engine is stock except for the stage on Air Cleaner set up - right now I am running the Rine Harts true dual and just looking for a change - those have been on for four years and have the Power Commander III USB with them... 4 years ago I did have a dyno tune and map build

Question here - looking for someone who has actually used one of the canned maps from Power Commander

How hard is it and how well did it work..

Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
TNTHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a no brainer and works great. Maps are on the Dyno-Jet website.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
NICK_AK
6th Gear

Same here. Run a canned map on my deluxe and it pulls hard with no pinging and still gets 39mpg hwy. have no idea if it would make any more power with a dyno tune and really don't care. it holds it's own with anyone i ride with.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:17 AM
cgonzgo
Tourer

Been running mine for about 5 years now. I used the one closest to my set-up and it runs great, I did change some of the settings to get rid of some popping. It's not hard at all.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:15 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

thanks guys = appreciate your time in posting... Looks like I will give it a try... got several rides planned this summer - and the rineharts are running good... I need to read over the inst on loading several times then I will set some time aside and give it a run.... need to learn how to back load / save the current map, just in case I ever want to go back to the rineharts...

Old 06-26-2009, 07:48 PM
ruin66
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default canned map

I'm one of the few who has not had a good experience with the canned maps. put the pc on my 06 (with a few minor mods), with the map that jamie made up for me, and it was terrible. tried modifieing it with jamies help, could never get it right. bit the bullet, found a great local indie trained on pc's, and had him dyno it. wow, what a diff. not so much the most power available, didn't want that, but tuned for the type of riding that I do. well worth the bucks. just my opinion

Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 PM
RenoGlide
Tourer

Canned maps are decent for a Stg 1 modification and most find them to be ok.

When you get a chance, put your bike on a dyno, pay for 2-3 pulls on the set up, get a copy of the dyno chart making sure the chart has the AFR on it then take it home & tweek the settings. Alot of shops will do this for $50-75.00.

Its always best to know exactly what you got under ya.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bought the Power Package with PCV from Fuel Moto but then later sold the Jackpots and went to Monster Ovals. Downloaded the canned map from the Dynojet site. Bike ran OK but hotter than I like and some slight decel popping. So I called Jamie and he sent me his custom map for my set-up. Bike runs perfect, no more decel pop a lot cooler and still averaging 40 to 42 MPG. I guess my point is that the custom maps from FM is the way to go with a PCV or PCIII.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 PM
TNTHarley
Cruiser

I would be willing to speculate that anyone who has problems with the canned map probably has not set the throttle positioning properly. Call DynoJet and have them walk you through the proper set up and you will have no problems. That was my experience anyway for what it's worth.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 PM
nastyHD
Road Captain

+1, call Fuel Moto... they pre load a custom map based on your upgrades and if you change anything just give them a call and they will provide a new custom map, their cutomer service is awesome!

Last edited by nastyHD; 06-26-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quick Reply: power commander / Canned Maps - have "You" used the canned and loaded it ??