Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Clothing

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:08 PM
DMcBiker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my HD jacket, didn't like the price, don't like the made in China label!!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser

I have a few HD jackets and the quality is awesome. At least my money goes towards an American Icon in HD. My same feeling with vehicles. I know most of them are assembled here in America including toyota and nissan with parts from all over the world, but my money goes to American companies. If toyota and nissan went away tomorrow, I would not blink an eye. If HD and GM and Ford and Dodge/Chrysler went away, I would feel we lost some piece of American History.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Probably going to irk some folks

But... I't's not that the chinese products are made any worse than the crap that seems to come out of US factories, Here is a great example...

For Xmas, my wife bought me a HD sweater from the dealer...65.00 dollars... now that is expensive...It was made in china, for god knows 2 bux... but harley charged 65, top dollar all because the HD logo... Now...If harley wants top dollar, why not cut into there profit and have it made here? Yes I know it might cost an extra 5 dollars to have it made here, It's just irritating they cannot be more pro american....

That said, (here it comes) I am NO fan of the unions, they are beasts that have outlived their need... I work around Gov union members and after watching those lazy worthless wastes of flesh complain about EVERYTHING, They can't even pick up a broom because it's not in their contract... Does anyone wonder why the big 3 are in the trouble they are and most stuff is now made in china? I've come to the conclusion that if you need a union to work, then you probably don;t do an honest days work anyway....

Sorry if I irk'd anyone, it's my opinion

Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
easyonmenow
Cruiser

Since we are talking quality and made in the USA, the domestic automakers have made great strides in quality. Ford is equal to or better than Honda and Toyota. Yes i try hard to to support US products, but I also buy HD merchandise (most imported) that has made me happy.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:56 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Deeply

It hurts me deeply that I even consider a japanese car but I'm DONE with the UAW !!! and yes Ford's quality has gotten alot better, but it is not even close to honda or toyota, I wish it was....

Last edited by teqsand; 01-03-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by teqsand
It hurts me deeply that I even consider a japanese car but I'm DONE with the UAW !!! and yes Ford's quality has gotten alot better, but it is not even close to honda or toyota, I wish it was....

Do you think HD would still be around if everyone had an opinion like yours? Heck brand new Harleys back in the day leaked oil on showroom floor and they were still bought. Support American auto makers and they will survive. Don't support them, keep buying Japanese and we leave the big 3 with no choice but to cut,cut,cut. I don't think the UAW is entirely at fault here, I say poor management and greed.

Just my opinion, no harm intended.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:32 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teqsand
That said, (here it comes) I am NO fan of the unions, they are beasts that have outlived their need... I work around Gov union members and after watching those lazy worthless wastes of flesh complain about EVERYTHING, They can't even pick up a broom because it's not in their contract... Does anyone wonder why the big 3 are in the trouble they are and most stuff is now made in china? I've come to the conclusion that if you need a union to work, then you probably don;t do an honest days work anyway....

Sorry if I irk'd anyone, it's my opinion
Ouch! Sounds like the words of a COMPANY man, a man ousted by a union, or a very jealous man.

Why bring your petty thoughts of union members into this thread? He starts a thread to tell us he's happy about his first piece of H-D apparel, and you spout off your dislike of unions.

Yes I'm a union member, 18 years, and proud of it. Thank us for keeping your wage higher! As well as many other factors you take for granted.

By the way, I own many H-D items made in other countries, and congrats to your first one, omega5m14!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:39 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer
Cool I got mine

For those of us that have painted ourselves in the corner of buying made in the u.s.a. A good source is your local thrift stores. I spent several months looking for a vest and jacket. I refused to buy what was offered at the dealer. My reward was both vest and jacket in my 2x long size. Both had the hd label and made in the u.s.a. And new condition. I am the same way with everything else that’s possible to obtain. I will keep buying used before imported.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM
easyonmenow
Cruiser

teqsand
Check out JD Powers and learn for yourself. Ford is equal to or better than Toyota and Honda.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"That said, (here it comes) I am NO fan of the unions, they are beasts that have outlived their need... I work around Gov union members and after watching those lazy worthless wastes of flesh complain about EVERYTHING, They can't even pick up a broom because it's not in their contract... Does anyone wonder why the big 3 are in the trouble they are and most stuff is now made in china? I've come to the conclusion that if you need a union to work, then you probably don;t do an honest days work anyway....

Sorry if I irk'd anyone, it's my opinion[/QUOTE]"

How did this thread turn into a Union Bashing Thread from a guy buying his first HD Vest.
DONT LUMP ALL UNION WORKERS INTO THE SAME GROUP. I'm sure management had nothing to do with any of the trouble of the big 3. It's always the lazy union worker.

Teqsand if I irk'd you, good because you jealous jerks who wouldn't know a "honest days work" if it bit you in the *** just **** me off.

And by the way teqsand The reason everthing is made in China is Corp. Greed to service the shareholders in the name of profit

There is good & bad of all sides. Don't Generalize! And That's MY OPINION teqsand

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Clothing