Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM MYFI on streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 01:43 PM
bowler11
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM MYFI on streetglide

Anyone have the XM MYFI hooked up on their streetglide, if so please explain.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

I did before I went to the HD XM. All you need is the car kit cradle and one of the ram mounts. You can put the antenna under the fairing if you like and then run a wire to the back of the cradle to the AUX input on the radio along with the antenna wire. You don't have to unhook any wires when you remove it just slip the Myfi into the cradle and it's ready to go. I had a 10in 1/8 to 1/8 male on both end cable made so you don't have to hide a bunch of wires. Hope this helps

Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
bowler11
Novice

so you don't lose any sound with the AUX connection and you can also use the cigertte lighter for power??

Old 01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Aux is far better than FM modulated for sure. On the back of the cradle is a hook up for Antenna, output and power. You can hardwire the power, use a cig. power cord or just use the battery however you want to do it.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Rottiman
Road Captain
Location: Ontario, Canada home of the TAX YOU TO DEATH LIBERALS

i ran a my fi on my RG the same way except I was able to mount it inside one of my gloveboxes. worked slick was easy to remove when leaving the bike. since I only listen to about 2 channels, being in the glovebox was no problem.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Progas99
Novice

Ive been stalking this sight for a couple of weeks, but this subject hit home so I signed up. Ive used a MyFy on my 99 EG std for about 3 years now. I mounted the car cradle like mentioned before and put the antenna inside the fairing. I also wired in a cig lighter socket from the car parts store inside the fairing to hide more wiring and used the aux cd port on the HD radio...
I only had 2 problems with this set up.
1 I had a slight whine noise.
2 The vibration of the HDs, that we all enjoy, finally wore out the earphone connection on the MyFy.
So Im in the market for a new type portable xm radio and will have it ready to adapt to my 010 RG.
Matt

Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Progas99
Ive been stalking this sight for a couple of weeks, but this subject hit home so I signed up. Ive used a MyFy on my 99 EG std for about 3 years now. I mounted the car cradle like mentioned before and put the antenna inside the fairing. I also wired in a cig lighter socket from the car parts store inside the fairing to hide more wiring and used the aux cd port on the HD radio...
I only had 2 problems with this set up.
1 I had a slight whine noise.
2 The vibration of the HDs, that we all enjoy, finally wore out the earphone connection on the MyFy.
So Im in the market for a new type portable xm radio and will have it ready to adapt to my 010 RG.
Matt
Welcome to the forum. I've had several different portables and I like the MyFi about as good as any including the Inno. You can still find the MyFi on ebay and they are usually under a $100. I even had mine mounted in my saddle bags at one time to keep it safer and out of the rain. The best way is the HD unit but it's expensive and who knows how much money they want to invest in a radio if Siriusxm has money trouble. I hope they are able to survive because I listen all the time. Again welcome.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Progas99
Novice

Thanks! I'll get on the bay and check it out. I like the MyFi because it's very portable. I can use it on the bike,in the garage,when I run etc. I would use the earphone outlet of the MyFi on the bike because I could adjust the volume higher than on the aux outlet.
This is a great sight, Im glad I ran across it.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Progas99
Thanks! I'll get on the bay and check it out. I like the MyFi because it's very portable. I can use it on the bike,in the garage,when I run etc. I would use the earphone outlet of the MyFi on the bike because I could adjust the volume higher than on the aux outlet.
This is a great sight, Im glad I ran across it.
If you can't find a car cradle I have an extra I'd make you a deal on

Old 01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a XM and like Trock use the AUX jack in the radio. I mounted mine in one of the HD windshield 2 pocket pouches. I also mounted a seperate cig lighter up higher on the fairing. I was worried that the male plug could hit the gas tank from the factory cig location on my Street Glide. I dont like dents. The antenna rest under one of the leather flaps. Works great. I transfer it to my bass boat or...now that its winter I have it hooked up in my shop.

Bad news......XM rates are going up $2 a month and no more free online listening, that cost now will be $2.99 additional.

About that merger between XM and Sirius, I would not go to far out with a plan with these guys. 3 Monthes at a time for me max.

Quick Reply: XM MYFI on streetglide