Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heated clothing

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts

Have several Gerbings products, great !!!!!!!!!
I would not get the vest, as most have stated, if it's cold enough for the vest, then it's cold enough to keep your arms warm too, besides your arms are exposed to more cold air than you chest.....
I have the Gerbings Union Ridge set now and like it real well, it's the outer coat and pants vs the under liner....but the liner is warm, maybe warmer than the outer Union Ridge....

Start with the Liner and a thermostat, either dual or single ( dual is better but cost a little more) and a pair of gerbings gloves....wow! now this is the way to ride....as the add says "why be cold?"....heated clothing is one of the best investments I've made in riding...keeps you warm, alert and stops hypothermia while riding...nothing worse than shaking at a fuel stop because you're freezing.....

Spend a little more and get the best you can afford...I like Gerbings products, but I understand Warm & Safe is good too...

Note* Widder is going out of business, the owners are retiring....so their products will become scarce and accessories and parts will be hard to find....

Old 02-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Gerbing heated liner, gloves & dual thermostat. That'e the only way to go. JMHO!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 315 Posts

Liner...I use it wearing just a short sleeve T-shirt underneath, feels great on the arms and neck. Gloves, pants liner and socks will keep you warm down into the teens

Old 02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
WildWilly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Gerbings makes the Harley branded heated clothing so buy whichever is cheapest, usually the Gerbings. I have the jacket liner, pants liner, gloves and socks. With the heat controller turned all the way up, I will sweat in 20 degree weather. Draws a lot of watts so check your alternator output. Gerbings website will tell you how many watts each item draws. Starting in the fall, my Gerbings remains in a saddlebag til summer. Once you use it, you will wonder how you ever managed without it.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this isn't going to come out right, but I almost wish it was colder more often here in JAX, FL so I could justify buying the heated stuff. As is, it is in the 20's and 30's about 20 days each winter. I ride everyday as long as it's not raining (I really do hate washing road grime off my scoot). Supposed to be down to 17 tomorrow morning and some heated gear sure would be nice.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:22 AM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a widder vest they are not going out of business they are out of business
I wish I had a Gerbing Liner

Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

As stated before, The Gerbings Jacket liner, Union Ridge outer pants and G3 gloves on a dual controller. Any riding temps. from a damp raining spring morning with the rain suit to 15 degree ride all day. Thw jacket liner stays in a gollon zip lock bag in the bike along with the rain gear, when not in use.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jacket liner and gloves absolutly. Oh yeah definatly the duel controller.

I bought the warm and safe brand. Grear customer service and products also

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

I swear by the socks, they are the bomb, lol. Buy the liner and you won't be sorry. Easier to hook up gloves with, and like said before, if cold enough for a vest well then it must be cold enough for the liner. Buy the dual controller! The wife and I have the socks, pant liner, jacket liner, and gloves, not a problem running both sets with separate power cords on the 08 UC. It has made it possible to ride many of those blue bird sky, cold as heck days. Like I said the sock are the bomb, if your feet are cold you are miserable, with the socks you can ride feet on the highway pegs and a stupid grin. It is like wrapping an electric blanket around you as you ride.

turtleman

Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 460 Likes on 247 Posts

My classic gloves gave up the ghost, and I sent them back to Gerbings for service... the company has been great to deal with... BUT make sure you register your purchases with them.... even if you buy FROM them... I'd go ahead and register at the web site

Gerbings outlet for the BEST prices, http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml if they have your sizes... you're done... and warm
for a 10-15-20% discount of Gerbings gear (if the oulet doesn't have your size)
http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp
Finally. check out either tourmasterSynergy or warm N safe or
warmgear http://cozywinters.com/heated-clothing/

one final note, as much as i like Gerbing (gloves, jacket liner,and union ridge pants) get a solid state controller.... well worth the $99

Quick Reply: heated clothing