Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont buy Invicta Detach Fairing for RK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is from Hoppe and I would not have any other. I love it. I bought the quadzilla -

http://hoppeindustries.com/store/hop...n-c-21_32.html

Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Dont buy Invicta Detach Fairing for RK!!!-100_2597-1a.jpg   Dont buy Invicta Detach Fairing for RK!!!-100_2810-1a.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoppe Industries has a fairing with no radio or speakers holes cut out. I saw it on their web site.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the Dead Center Fairing on my Road King, and it's been bullet proof. I could NOT be happier or more pleased with it. Also, their customer service is beyond belief. They are fantastic. I bought it out of the Classifieds here on the Forum and got a screamin' deal. You're right, I think you do get what you pay for. Somewhere I've got the name and number of a dealership that you can call to get 20% on a Dead Center Fairing. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll research it, and forward you the info. Good Luck...
Here you go, as others may want it as well.

Rice Lake Harley-Davidson
2801 S. Wisconsin Avenue
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
You have to be the first person to call on Monday or Tuesday, and ask for Ron... I believe that was the gimmick.... Something like that, just call and tell them you want the info on getting 20% off big ticket item, i.e. Dead Center, and they'll help you out.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firebug901
Has anyone ever used the detachable fairings from Tsukayu?

I bought one last spring and have been very happy with it. Priced better than the dragon fly and hoppe. I also chose it because I liked the looks of the inner fairing better either of the other ones. Very high quality piece.

Attached Thumbnails Dont buy Invicta Detach Fairing for RK!!!-oct-2008-016.jpg   Dont buy Invicta Detach Fairing for RK!!!-oct-2008-018.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Detachable alternative

One of the guys sent me a Zip file where he used a RK detachable windshield and bolted a current outer fairing on to it. It does not look quite as good as the $1,500 type with the 10,000 Watt stereo & Lizard blinkity LED’s that look like a jelly fish at 18,000 feet. I am sure that it provided adequate frontal protection for long distance riding and inclement weather, the point of the exercise I think. You can buy the outer for $10 when they are scratched. Modify the headlight area and purchase some weather stripping for the headlight. A few spacers and you are downtown. But then again why work and call it your own when you can spend $1,600 for a new one?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Peculierboy
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
I have thought about taking a proper HD Batwing and fabricating something so that it mounts to the Road King Detachable hardware, i guess thats another option as well.
You don't have to really fab anything to make it work. Buy one on eBay, and just use the stock HD mounts. You can mount it 'as is' but it's not quick detach, and the light bar on the RK makes it hard to mount. If you want it quick detach, use the stock mounts, and cut off one side of the bracket by the mount, making it a quick detach (look at your current brackets to get an idea of what i am saying). I'd suggest you reinforce the bracket area a bit, but it works great. I made one back in 96 for my 94 RK, and another in 97 for my brother. I've since sold my King for a SG, but my brother still has his, still works great, still going strong. No radio mount, and the inside is rough, but with a bit of paint it looks fine.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 507 Posts

just say no to plastic it will likley crack always get fiberglass.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 AM
firebug901
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWhitedogg
I bought one last spring and have been very happy with it. Priced better than the dragon fly and hoppe. I also chose it because I liked the looks of the inner fairing better either of the other ones. Very high quality piece.
Thanks for the info. I am getting ready to order one.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
One of the guys sent me a Zip file where he used a RK detachable windshield and bolted a current outer fairing on to it. It does not look quite as good as the $1,500 type with the 10,000 Watt stereo & Lizard blinkity LED’s that look like a jelly fish at 18,000 feet. I am sure that it provided adequate frontal protection for long distance riding and inclement weather, the point of the exercise I think. You can buy the outer for $10 when they are scratched. Modify the headlight area and purchase some weather stripping for the headlight. A few spacers and you are downtown. But then again why work and call it your own when you can spend $1,600 for a new one?
You wouldn't happen to still have that .zip file would you?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
You wouldn't happen to still have that .zip file would you?
Yes I do

Quick Reply: Dont buy Invicta Detach Fairing for RK!!!