Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS Fairing Mount...ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ram mount allows you to move the gps and place it right next to the inner fairing or extend it out a good six inches towards you. i placed mine as close to the inner fairing as possible as not to have it sticking way out.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Volfan615
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04harleyboy
OK, it came in. There is not much to it, heres a pic of the kit.

Heres the mount mounted

Here it is with the zumo mounted on it.

And a pic of the holes that you need in your inner fairing

I will give an evaluation when I can get out on the road to try it out. Seems pretty good initially.
Any more updates on the fairing mount? How do you route the power cable? Could you make another picture of the mount with the zumo removes from the cradle?

Thanks!!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:58 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

No real updates yet, its still winter here in Michigan, and still working on my winter upgrades. I did run out to the garage and snapped a couple more pics. Here ya go.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Volfan615
Tourer

Thanks!! So do the wires run through one of the holes that are drilled into the fairing?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by soos
Holes in your inner fairing are forever. Handlebar mounted affords closer viewing and manipulating.
You know, I was all set to get the new mount, but I don't believe it'll work with the new 660, and now I'm considering a painted inner fairing - and your comment is sounding more and more like really good advice...thanks.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes, if you look at the picture with the tape on it, its the black marked square. I didn't show a pic of the finished hole, because it didn't turn out as pretty as I would have liked
My main concern is the cable for the aux input to the radio for the sound, I think I am going to go to radio shack and see what I can find to run through the fairing, so it looks cleaner. I'll let you know when I get the cable and run it.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:55 PM
kymshu
Novice

I have the HD bar mount on order as I didn't want to drill into the fairing. Also, ride down the road and feel the vibration on your fairing as opposed to your handlebars. The fairing has a lot more vibration in it. I will run ny aux cable through the fairing along with power cord and bring out the other side to plug into the radio.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:27 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 04harleyboy
No real updates yet, its still winter here in Michigan, and still working on my winter upgrades. I did run out to the garage and snapped a couple more pics. Here ya go.

If this is what it looks like without the Zumo mounted I will have to pass. The Quest mount has a hot shoe type mount that is a lot cleaner.
Sorry but this is just ugly IMO

Old 02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Volfan615
Tourer

Yeah I'm not sure I'm up for drilling those kind of holes in the fairing. I think I'm going to go with the chrome techmount on the bars.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 AM
HilllBillly
Cruiser

I have the Garmin Quest (older unit) mounted on my fairing - on the right side..... I LOVE THE FAIRING MOUNT -- looks good, great location.... But the garmin Quest II GPS SUCKS.... plain and simple... I would love to upgrade to this newer zumo fairing mount... but hate to have holes/mounts on both sides of my fairing.... maybe theres a way I can fill in the holes w/out it looking too hideous?

another draw back with the fairing mount- is you may not be able to add the hogTunes HogPro fairing speakers

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can fill in my current holes w/out it looking too bad - i'm all ears

Quick Reply: GPS Fairing Mount...ANYONE?