Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blackberry owners - do you mount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works fine from the saddle bag.......Blue tooth anyway.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
kyote
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Work vehicle too.....

Originally Posted by comaman2
would a bunch of rubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOME of us use our bikes for more than just a weekend ride.. we use them daily for work too. Do you turn your radio off when you get in your car?? When I am riding I like to be just as comfortable as when I am driving my truck...and I have more gadgets in my truck than I do on my bike..!! lol

Old 03-02-2009, 07:59 PM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trojan63
oh yea, 20k bike, but a $99 TomTom makes you a rub....now there is some logic for ya......

you forgot your iphone rub man!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Trojan63
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iPhone was no cost to me, assigned to me at work...yea...some people drive their bike to more than the local bar and harley shop....LOL

Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my bike to go to and from work and drive to more places than the local bar or Harley shop - a whole lot more. And, yes I have a blackberry and carry it with me.

What I dont do is talk on the phone while I am riding. For me it defeats the purpose I like to ride - I like to ride to get away from the phone. Yeah there's Bluetooth or wired connections to the device but personally I have a hard enough time talking on the phone when driving my truck let alone trying to talk on the phone while riding the bike.

To each there own - for me I ride and talk on the phone when I am done riding or pulled off the road to place or answer a call. When riding I keep my BB in the windshield glove box.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:08 AM
RYEDOGGRACING
Cruiser

I put my I Phone in my pocket and go to work. I love riding and listening to the radio and no other crap. It puts me at ease until i get to the every day rat race of work.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 AM
Andy Engemann
Tourer

My BB goes in the tour pak. I check it when stopped.

Works well that way and doesn't interefere with riding.

No concerns about failure rate either.

Andy

Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Trojan63
Cruiser

I agree, I only use the iPod part of my iPhone while riding for my favorite music, but I do enjoy listening to music.....and I only use the TomTom when I get lost...LOL

Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 AM
bjryman
Tourer

The Garmin Zumo 550 has the GPS, mp3 and XM Radio in it...as well as ability to connect via bluetooth.

BB stays in my jacket pocket. I sincerley believe in the studies that show talking on a cell phone is about the same distraction as being at the limit on alcohol...because you are concentrating on the conversation, not because of the phone itself.

And if you don't believe the studies, just watch the 4 wheelers as they weave in an out of traffic with the thing tagged to their ears.

BTW, how can you think of using the BB as a moving directional GPS? The screen is small and it only shows you where you are, not where you want to be, right?

Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

I am interested in this as well but do not want to talk on the phone while riding just want to see who is calling so I can decide to pull over or not. Would like to mount in on the left handle bar...

Quick Reply: blackberry owners - do you mount?