Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat management for Touring bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
bjryman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
I am sure if you give us a try you will be very happy with our stuff,if you are not return it and I will pay the shipping.
The products are all hand made and quality that you just do not see any more.
Thank you for giving us a chance
Isabel & Larry
I have a question. Right now, I have installed the HD plastic heat shields. They don't extend down on the thigh area nearly as far as your product, Captain Itch.

I can't help but wonder if in the spirit of keeping heat off my legs, your product might actually be creating a heat pocket at the top of the cylinders that might cause more damage or quicker heating of the entire engine? The concept is great but I don't want any "unintended consequences" like a worsening heat condition for the bike itself.

Any testing done in that regard

Peace!
bruce

Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 611 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by bjryman
I have a question. Right now, I have installed the HD plastic heat shields. They don't extend down on the thigh area nearly as far as your product, Captain Itch.

I can't help but wonder if in the spirit of keeping heat off my legs, your product might actually be creating a heat pocket at the top of the cylinders that might cause more damage or quicker heating of the entire engine?
As far as our product creating a heat pocket the answer is no.While riding the Crotch Cooler may in fact act as a scoop and help direct more air around the rear head.
While sitting in traffic it will direct the heat away from the inside of your legs,because of it,s footprint.
The concept is great but I don't want any "unintended consequences" like a worsening heat condition for the bike itself.Every V-Twin that I know about that has fuel injection has an ECM.This ECM or computer is designed to shut the ignition off to one cylinder at a time in an effort to avoid the engine to overheat,should the temp rise.This is a safegaurd already built in to your bike.I can tell you from the emails that we get back and our staff's and my own personal experiance that after sitting in traffic on Main street in Daytona,Duval street in Key West,and Sturgis that they work, and they work well.
Any testing done in that regard All testing was done by the seat of our pants

Peace!
bruce
Guy's we do hope that this will answer your questions. I do understand that to a lot of you that we are the new kid on the block here.I promise that if you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products simply send them back.Our leather products are built like a tank and quality that you just dont see any more.
Thank you
Larry & Isabel

Old 03-29-2009, 05:01 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hd0wner
Not here to knock your business but can get Harley parts for 58 bucks to do the same thing that actually look good.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Sounds like knocking to me.
The H/D ones look like a cheap piece of plastic to me.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

15. Do not bash our Sponsors on the open forum. Remember this is a free forum and they pay the bills. Have the decency to contact them by pm, email or telephone if you have a problem. You can also contact Admin here if you feel that one of our sponsors is out of line.

If you don't spend the money I'll be happy to take yur money and provide an hour of therapy, as was suggested in an earlier thread. You may not like what u hear though...lol

Old 06-21-2009, 12:54 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tda69
I never cease to be amazed at how a simple post can turn in to sh*t throwing fight. It's unreal! So many people...so many opinions, just chomping at the bit to let everyone in the world know how you feel. Seriously rather than arguing over $70.00 heat shields, some of you guys should save it for your therapists. If you're not already seeing one, with the $70.00 you saved, perhaps you should get one.

This is one of the reasons why I visit the site less frequently than in the past. I got tired of reading rude, inconsiderate comments like some of those posted in this thread. I find it's sometimes better to just keep my thoughts to myself because it's not worth debating someone who throws hand grenades, then hides behind a computer. Having said that, you now know how I feel about the subject.

To the OP: Looks like a good product at a reasonable price. I'm sure you will sell to many of the people on this forum.
well said!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
15. Do not bash our Sponsors on the open forum. Remember this is a free forum and they pay the bills. Have the decency to contact them by pm, email or telephone if you have a problem. You can also contact Admin here if you feel that one of our sponsors is out of line.

If you don't spend the money I'll be happy to take yur money and provide an hour of therapy, as was suggested in an earlier thread. You may not like what u hear though...lol
If I didn't already have heat shields, I'd buy one for sure.

I just got my $70 worth of therapy watching that avitar.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:21 PM
qwest
Cruiser

Larry - do you ship to Canada? How much is shipping for a heat shield?

PM me if you want my postal code.

Thanks

Old 06-21-2009, 12:44 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the heat management system, stage 1, and xied's, so I really didn't "need" the crotch cooler....I bought it because I liked the look, to support a sponsor and what the heck, 1 degree lower temp on my leg is worth it.

What I like about it is both sides are equal shape, unlike some others that cost twice as much, it wont crack like the plastic ones all eventually do and it installs or removes in a few minutes.

With that being said, I am happy with the product and the service I got. I also picked up a saddlebag bottle holder and some ugly googles and i'm happy with those too.

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 06-21-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Yesca
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Larry, Isabel,

Thanks for being a Site Sponsor and offering some great products. You can count me as one of your satisfied customers and I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

P.S. Wife is very pleased with the crotch cooler on her '07 Deluxe. It works as advertised and looks great. The studs match her Mustang seat perfectly.

Darrell

Old 06-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Yesca
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put Crotch Cooler on the new FLTRU and it works great, just as I knew it would. I might even leave my lowers on now since my leg doesn't get burned anymore.

Thanks Larry and Isabel

Last edited by Yesca; 06-15-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Heat management for Touring bikes.