Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ThunderBeach Panama City, never been before

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:50 PM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ThunderBeach Panama City, never been before

Wanted to check with some of you that have been or are regulars for this event. Since Myrtle has changed their opinion of bikeweek we're thinking about riding down to the Gulf Coast this year and wondering what you think of this rally?
Is it spread out? really crowded?
Is it wise to ride down and then look for a place to stay or should we make reservations prior?
Any info is appreciated for this first timer.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 AM
07SG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is spread out all along the beach road. It can get crowded, but not too bad. The best thing is that all businesses and residents seem to appreciate you being there.

You will love it.

I would call ahead and get a reservation today, if you are going for the spring event. BTW, there is also a fall event, not nearly as crowded.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
slickscustoms
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me and my wife are riding down this year. im hoping it will be alot of fun. we're regulars to PCB usually a couple times a year. last several times we've been we stayed at DAYS INN its around 110 dollars with our AAA discount. the rooms are ok and clean usually. 2 pools and a bar at the pool. its well worth the 110 when other places are well over 200$ a night. we'll be on the black road king classic with ape hangers, stop and hollar at us if you see us. have fun and be safe! : )

Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 AM
electra glide
Road Captain

I'm goin this year instead of Myrtle. Been to Myrtle 4 yrs in a row now and I'm kinda tired of it anyway, even though it is a good time, or was at least. I'm lookin forward to it.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on down to P.C. , we will be glad to have you come visit with us. Great rally, you get into everything for free. The community acts like they want you there and the cops are a little on the leniant side. Great beach, lots of bars, bands etc.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:32 PM
aclass
Road Captain

Thanks for info guys.
Do the Hotels gouge you for this week? Is there any particular area you recommend we DONT stay?

Old 03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The prices are fair up and down the beach. Some are new and some are old and rundown. I stay at the Holiday Inn Resort but only because I have enough points each year for it to be free. You can also get some pretty good deals on condo rental. Hear's a good place to start:

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...h/undesignated

Old 03-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You can stay a couple of miles away in Panama City, not Panama City Beach, and cut your motel costs. Unless you want to be on the beach with the roudies...

Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by electra glide
I'm goin this year instead of Myrtle. Been to Myrtle 4 yrs in a row now and I'm kinda tired of it anyway, even though it is a good time, or was at least. I'm lookin forward to it.
Same here. Myrtle Beach is only 4 hours away and I use to really enjoy the ride going but they won't see another dime of mine.

What I have found impressive is the people I have been in touch with for Thunder Beach is how much they want us to be there. Even the hotel(I don't remember which one we booked)but they asked if we were coming down for the rally, when told yes they got excited and the rate is a lot cheaper than MB's and we didn't have to book the room for a minimum number of days like the Hotels in MB would do. I am pretty excited about going myself, Thunder Beach seems like its going to be a good one that will continue to grow because they want us there.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 603 Likes on 326 Posts

Count me in that looks like a good time...

Quick Reply: ThunderBeach Panama City, never been before