Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New Rearend BLING Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the ones with just the logo.

I'll be honest that I was leary at first of clicking on a thread titled: My New Rearend BLING Pictures - thought it might be pics of some body piercings but then realized this isn't the Showdown forum.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Homebrew101
I like the ones with just the logo.

I'll be honest that I was leary at first of clicking on a thread titled: My New Rearend BLING Pictures - thought it might be pics of some body piercings but then realized this isn't the Showdown forum.
Thats Funny

Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior

You have a great talent! It does make your bike stand out from others. Is'nt that what these bikes are all about? It is for me. Doing stuff to my bike that I like. Things I have done are not liked by some and liked by others. Bottom line is it is what I like and how I want MY bike to look.

If there was any way to heve some backlighting built into the design (being emmited from within the side bag..shinning through the cut outs would be awesome. I dont know if legal but would be cool.
Rock on and keep-em shined!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 PM
IzZy63
Road Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Those must be good at night when them cages come up on you and their headlights bounce right back at them, that will sure make'em back off.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
You have a great talent! It does make your bike stand out from others. Is'nt that what these bikes are all about? It is for me. Doing stuff to my bike that I like. Things I have done are not liked by some and liked by others. Bottom line is it is what I like and how I want MY bike to look.

If there was any way to heve some backlighting built into the design (being emmited from within the side bag..shinning through the cut outs would be awesome. I dont know if legal but would be cool.
Rock on and keep-em shined!!!!
Thanks Man. That is how I feel too. The back lighting would be real cool but I can't cut up my saddle bags.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

While not my cup of tea as someone already posted, I have to commend you for having skill to do that.

BUT, I would be wary of selling these due to the fact you are using the H-D copyrighted logo on your product. H-D does not look kindly on that. I believe there has been problems with forum(s) like this one using Harley-Davidson in the name and getting nasty letters from MoCo's lawyers.

They have even sued people on Ebay who advertised a H-D motorcycle that had a different engine or transmission as not being a H-D(and I believe they win these cases). Something about in order to be considered a H-D motorcycle, it has to have the original frame, engine and transmission VINs. Anything else and they say it's not a H-D and can't be advertised as such.

While it's similar to a tattoo, I believe they could(and most likely would) make a case to cause you grief.

Just my opinion and don't mean to be a killjoy.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylorized
Not for sale yet but maybe soon.
Isn't there some sort of copy-write issue here selling something with the HD logo without their knowledge?

Old 03-24-2009, 02:38 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the stripper on a pole to fit under the fuel door? It could take the place of the black one that said FLHX and has the lines.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
Isn't there some sort of copy-write issue here selling something with the HD logo without their knowledge?
Thats why it's not for sale yet.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Originally Posted by hotrodsandharleys73
How about the stripper on a pole to fit under the fuel door? It could take the place of the black one that said FLHX and has the lines.
Another great idea. Maybe another copyrighted issue. I have the Bar n Shield insert in mine.

Quick Reply: My New Rearend BLING Pictures