Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide & Electra Glide standard discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gesh... you Road Glide might need to go to the same counseling sessions as the sportster guys.

I test drove a 08' Road Glide. I liked it, took me about 1 turn to get used to the the fairing not moving. I thought it was very easy to handle. Dealer had no brand new ones, and they were out of my budget. Nice bikes.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:33 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Road Glide= Bastard child of an 81 Goldwing and an Electra-Glide

Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told by a reliable source at my dealer that the Road Glide will come out in 2010 with a chain drive, high fenders, and be considered a dual sport machine. H-D is getting into off-road bikes with a 700 lb. model that can be taken on single track trails. Everything, including the tank will be plastic.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:44 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
Road Glide= Bastard child of an 81 Goldwing and an Electra-Glide
That is funny. As a person who also grew up in Southern WV, I knew a lot about bastard children.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by a buddy at the dealer that the Road King was going to be discontinued for 2010.I don't see how,but stranger things have happened

Old 03-29-2009, 11:31 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts

i was at a dealer yesterday and over heard a co-owner telling a guy that the flht standard would not be in 2010. he also stated that he did not know if it would be replaced with something else such as maybe different options or what, but that as known now it most definitely would not be in the 2010 lineup.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
I just added a King Ultra Tour pack to my Roadie yesterday afternoon. I'm making my own "Ultra" Road Glide. That'll save me the pain and frustrations of "wanting" to trade her in after only one year. Road Glides don't sell because dealers don't stock any. Dealers around me rarely have a Road Glide on their floor and when I bought mine, there was none at the dealership then either. They are Harley's best kept secret and we owners like it that way.
I ordered mine from Tripp's in Amarillo last Fall. They had it up front for a few days before I could pick it up. They said they had to move it to the back room due to all the extra attention it was getting while on the floor. I stopped by last week while in town and there sat a 'sold' pearl black FLTR - there is truth in Rodeo's words.

It's fun to listen to all the speculation prior to a new year's production line - amazing what you will hear! An ultra version of the FLTR would be a good thing, but I'll stick w/ what I have...

Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
JonGolden
Road Captain

I was in my dealer yesterday and heard that all HD models will be discontinued and replaced with a new model fashioned after a Schwinn. Please, stop this thread! THis is worse than that school game of telephone!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Time will tell

Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A guy in the general chat section posted this same info. He heard it at his dealership in New Jersey. Mine is in Pittsburgh. Someone four posts up heard the same info. Why and/or how would these dealers be putting out the same info?
Gary D.

Quick Reply: Road Glide & Electra Glide standard discontinued