Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your opinion on best rain gear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:47 PM
RickyB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

frog toggs here $100.00 for two sets they work great!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 PM
ropin4gold
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HD Goretex. Go ahead and spend the money now insted of later. It works really well.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Lucky_one2
Tourer

Sound like you need a complete set of HD FXRG synthetic. I have rode quite a way in heavy rain and these performed flawlessly...also good for those cold mornings any time of the year.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,194 Likes on 1,269 Posts

I've got the Tourmaster Sentinel jacket and matching overpants. They are available in a few highly reflective colors. The overpants have an optional "Nomex" liner on the inner legs to prevent burns from pipes. They have kept me bone dry in driving rain. Are they the best? I don't know but they work for me.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
bambamblazer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might check out the Nelson Rigg VTL-700 Volante Rain gear. A riding buddy has this set and we both got caught in a heavy rain for over 2 hours while leaving Key West last year. I got wet through my no name gear, but he was as dry as a bone. They seem to have everything you are lookin for and for under $75. I plan on buying these for me and the wife.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
gregsworld
Tourer

+1 on the Frogg-Toggs. Go with the Road Toad model as it has striping for visability

Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 AM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master

I have the Tour Master Sentinel Rainsuit with Pants that have Nomex heat shields. I have ridden in too much rain the last couple of years and this set has worked for me.

Sentinel Rainsuit Pants

Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the HD GoreTex. Have tried many others over the years, have had these for eight years now and they are still excellent. I ride in all weather above freezing and these have served me well and kept me very dry. There are others out there, probably just as good, but if I had to do it over, this is one item I would go right back to HD for a replacement.

The GoreTex suit with GoreTex gloves and boots, I get off the bike as dry as when I got on.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the HD Gore-Tex rain suit and love it. Can ride in the rain all day and not a problem. Gore-Tex is also great because it breathes.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:57 PM
hartsdc
Stage I
Default Rain Suit

I purchased Harley Davidson rain gear. It is very heavy duty. It can be worn in 20 degree weather and you wouldn't get wet. It is two pieces. It is absolutely beautiful. I didn't try it on because I didn't have the time. I got it home and let it sit in the closet until I was ready to ride.....big mistake! It was way too big for me. If anyone wants to buy it, I am selling it. I'm tired of it just sitting there. I can send a photo if anyone is interested. I don't know if this is the gear that everyone is raving about, but I will tell you that there is no way you can get wet or cold in this gear!

Quick Reply: your opinion on best rain gear?