Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Doctor Mecanico Multi Purpose Cleaner....Any Luck??? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/341864-doctor-mecanico-multi-purpose-cleaner-any-luck.html)

rkbuster 05-09-2009 12:22 PM

When I first read about this product I immediately ordered it. Before my order arrived, I read new posts that said it was nothing but junk. Well, I had aleaddy spent my money so might as well test it out. I mixed 8oz in a gallon of water used a pump up sprayer....didn't wet the bike first.....and let it soak for 10 minutes. I rinsed the bike really well and used a leaf blower afterwards. Unbelievable!!!!! My bike looked like I had spent hours cleaning on it. I spent maybe 30 minutes from start to finish. I've only used it once. I hope it works as well the next time.

tombeving 05-09-2009 12:29 PM

I tried the good doctor this morning on my bike. It was 84 degrees in the shade, and my bike was cold. I sprayed it on with a sprayer using one cup per gallon. Let it set four about 5 minutes and rinsed it off. Immediately started drying it off with the Air Blaster. It took about 35 minutes tops to wash and dry the bike. Hardly any water spots, and what spots there were was because I couldn't dry it fast enough. A few minutes with a detailing cloth took care of the spots quickly and with hardly any rubbing.
I don't let my bike get real dirty, so I'd like to try it on a really dirty bike, but it does take the bugs off. I usually buy every new product that comes on the market and this one works for me. I have a jug of the S100 cleaner that I've used on several occasions and by far, Doctor Mechanico works much better. I guess I'll be using the S100 to clean the floor of my shop. And no, I don't own any stock in the company.

golfblues 05-09-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh (Post 4976693)
You're right about that, it is easy to clean a clean bike. Like I said, I don't let mine get filthy....just the average road dirt, dust and bugs. But once it's clean it tends to stay that way longer and next bath it pretty easy. The stuff wont take off your wax either, that's a +. Seems like 50% have good luck with it and 50% not so good, strange indeed.

My bikes are always pretty clean too but that's why I tried it on my cars first. It did not remove or disolve the normal dirt grit or dirty water spots you would accumulate on the doors, fenders & quarter panels after a day or two of driving in the rain at all. And it's hard to notice it's still there until you wipe it down to dry it. Picture having some dirt spots on the side of your bikes fender or the side/underbelly of the tank & after you use Dr M's you wipe it down & the dirt left behind scratches the tank. Bummer & not worth it to me. And any product that satisfies 50% of the users can't be good. Would you buy from a ebay seller that has a 50% rating?

And just to keep the record straight, there are people who say S100 leaves a film & cuts the wax. If you rinse it really well, no film & I use Zaino wax & 1 wax last 6 months minimum. Too each his own.

ezriderpgh 05-09-2009 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by golfblues (Post 4977330)
My bikes are always pretty clean too but that's why I tried it on my cars first. It did not remove or disolve the normal dirt grit or dirty water spots you would accumulate on the doors, fenders & quarter panels after a day or two of driving in the rain at all. And it's hard to notice it's still there until you wipe it down to dry it. Picture having some dirt spots on the side of your bikes fender or the side/underbelly of the tank & after you use Dr M's you wipe it down & the dirt left behind scratches the tank. Bummer & not worth it to me. And any product that satisfies 50% of the users can't be good. Would you buy from a ebay seller that has a 50% rating?

And just to keep the record straight, there are people who say S100 leaves a film & cuts the wax. If you rinse it really well, no film & I use Zaino wax & 1 wax last 6 months minimum. Too each his own.

I had no idea about it being sold on Ebay, if I did and seen bad feedback I would not have bought it. With that said, I just washed my Jeep the same as I do my bikes and got the same good results.

golfblues 05-09-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh (Post 4977692)
I had no idea about it being sold on Ebay, if I did and seen bad feedback I would not have bought it. With that said, I just washed my Jeep the same as I do my bikes and got the same good results.

It's not on ebay as far as I know. I was just comparing a 50% happy customer rating, it's not to good. Hey, for those that it works for, great, but there's enough bad feedback on the stuff as to let others know it is an iffy product. As for the amount of time it takes to clean a bike, I probably can do it faster with a good car wash soap & sponge. Just sayin'.

njdiver 05-09-2009 06:43 PM

I bought a gallon of this and I can tell you I'll never use it on my bike again. It sucks and is almost impossible to get off the bike, it leaves stain marks. I used a ton of water rinse but still had to wax it to get the stains off.

doctormecanicousa 05-11-2009 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by lazybee (Post 4918638)
I got a bottle and am not impressed. I sprayed it on a section at a time, used a damp cloth to wipe in down and then hosed off. When I dried the bike down, I had a film on the chrome. I just bought one bottle, glad I didn't buy more.

Shouldn't of used the cloth. Spray it on the surface, wet that spot, pour some in a bucket with the damp rag, then wipe.

The more you use it, the better off you will be. That is what that carnauba wax is basically doing!! Creating a surface for you that will protect against alot of things. Almost acts like a shield.

doctormecanicousa 05-11-2009 07:21 AM

Just to clear the air.

Since we started selling this product on here there have been approx 925 Gallons and about 490ish Spray bottles sold. A total of maybe, maybe 25 people have posted a negative review. Just like with any product you will have your people who misused it or expected it to create a new bike out of something. Sometimes our expectancy levels as a consumer are just too high.

Just common things I read here and there thru the complaints.

1. "Left a Film".... This happens when too much of the product is applied and let sit way to long. Just like hand soap, if you leave it too long it becomes a pita to get off.

2. "I didnt like it much, didnt shine".... This product has a built in wax that after constant usage will protect your bike from getting the same dirt over and over. It creates almost a surface above your actual surface making for better results after continuous use.

3. "Its not in stores".... 110% not true. Just like with your big franchise restaurant, our product is in the areas where it will move accordingly. For Example, in Florida you can find it in Walmart, Autozone, Pep Boys and Advance Auto. Here in SE PA, its in every corner store, walmart, supermarket etc you can imagine. We are expanding west, but keep in mind, sometimes companies dont want the product to be real huge. Were content with how it sells now.

And of course as always. I want my customers happy. So if you feel its not working the way you thought it would, just pm or call and we will happily guide you thru how to use the product properly.

Rick
DMUSA

n8dc 05-11-2009 07:59 AM

So what ever happened to a good ol bucket of car wash soap and an wash mit and some elbow grease?... I never could clean a car ,truck,bike,or boat without doing actual work. Besides I enjoy doing it.. I wash them by hand and dry them by hand.. I do run my car or truck thru the dive thru once in a while but unless you hand dry them they arent clean as they leave a film on them.. Ive never found a product that will clean anything by just soaking ?

spence222 05-11-2009 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by doctormecanicousa (Post 4984020)
Just to clear the air.

Since we started selling this product on here there have been approx 925 Gallons and about 490ish Spray bottles sold. A total of maybe, maybe 25 people have posted a negative review. Just like with any product you will have your people who misused it or expected it to create a new bike out of something. Sometimes our expectancy levels as a consumer are just too high.

Just common things I read here and there thru the complaints.

1. "Left a Film".... This happens when too much of the product is applied and let sit way to long. Just like hand soap, if you leave it too long it becomes a pita to get off.

2. "I didnt like it much, didnt shine".... This product has a built in wax that after constant usage will protect your bike from getting the same dirt over and over. It creates almost a surface above your actual surface making for better results after continuous use.

3. "Its not in stores".... 110% not true. Just like with your big franchise restaurant, our product is in the areas where it will move accordingly. For Example, in Florida you can find it in Walmart, Autozone, Pep Boys and Advance Auto. Here in SE PA, its in every corner store, walmart, supermarket etc you can imagine. We are expanding west, but keep in mind, sometimes companies dont want the product to be real huge. Were content with how it sells now.

And of course as always. I want my customers happy. So if you feel its not working the way you thought it would, just pm or call and we will happily guide you thru how to use the product properly.

Rick
DMUSA

Why not just guide us thru it here and now.....I'm sure you'd have a large audience that is more than willing to spend a few minutes on the proper use of your product....