Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Doctor Mecanico Multi Purpose Cleaner....Any Luck??? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/341864-doctor-mecanico-multi-purpose-cleaner-any-luck.html)

spence222 04-27-2009 05:14 AM

Doctor Mecanico Multi Purpose Cleaner....Any Luck???

I bought 4 gal. of this stuff.....kinda wish I didn't.....I've used it straight and deluted...can't say I'm very impressed with it. Anyone else? Maybe I'm not using it correctly......

lschultz 04-27-2009 06:28 AM

I will find out when I get mine ordered some over a week ago and ain't got it yet maybe it will be at home when I get off of work. Heard good and bad about it. Will see.

mhenning 04-27-2009 08:18 AM

I have been following the threads about this cleaner for a while and have place two orders now. One thing I have found using it on my bike is that it seems like the more I use it the better it works. The first time it was just ok the 2nd seemed a little better. This weekend it really worked good. I have used it on my 5th wheel and it cleaned up real well considering it sits out all year on a seasonal lot. I would not call it a miracle cleaner but it does have a spot in my garage and have recommended to friends.
Mark

RHillbilly 04-27-2009 09:18 AM

where do you order this from

lazybee 04-27-2009 09:37 AM

I got a bottle and am not impressed. I sprayed it on a section at a time, used a damp cloth to wipe in down and then hosed off. When I dried the bike down, I had a film on the chrome. I just bought one bottle, glad I didn't buy more.

mhenning 04-27-2009 10:28 AM

I use a lot of water to rinse my bike off. The first time I didn't and I had a little film left over. The next two times it was fine.

http://www.importdpsspeedshop.com/index.php?p=home

golfblues 05-08-2009 05:49 PM

This stuff is crap. I used it 3 different times on my car to give it a chance. Today was it. I sprayed it down with a 1/3 DR & 2/3 water mix, let it sit for 6-7 minutes, sprayed it again, let it sit & rinsed it for 15 minutes. When I wiped it down with my shammy, the shammy turned black & the car was not that dirty. Thumbs down to this snake oil.

scg1953 05-08-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by golfblues (Post 4973912)
This stuff is crap. I used it 3 different times on my car to give it a chance. Today was it. I sprayed it down with a 1/3 DR & 2/3 water mix, let it sit for 6-7 minutes, sprayed it again, let it sit & rinsed it for 15 minutes. When I wiped it down with my shammy, the shammy turned black & the car was not that dirty. Thumbs down to this snake oil.

I started a thread a few weeks ago and got a bunch of people that had nothing but good to say about it. Now I see this one and you are getting the same " black film " as I am. I , like you tried it on my not so dirty car twice just to be fair and got the same result both times. In my opinion, it made more work because I now had to try and get the film off..... NOT GOING ON MY BIKE....

golfblues 05-08-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by scg1953 (Post 4974001)
I started a thread a few weeks ago and got a bunch of people that had nothing but good to say about it. Now I see this one and you are getting the same " black film " as I am. I , like you tried it on my not so dirty car twice just to be fair and got the same result both times. In my opinion, it made more work because I now had to try and get the film off..... NOT GOING ON MY BIKE....

Exactly! It takes more time spraying it on, way too much water rinsing it off & then I get to wash it all over again :rolleyes: I posted my opinion in the general forom too. A waste of $$$$$$.

dgriffith 05-08-2009 07:22 PM

Every time I use it, it works good. I just put 1 cup full in a gallon of water in a pump up sprayer and spray the bike After I wet it down with a hose. Don't let the solution dry or it will streak. I use it all the time at least twice a week and the only time I had problems is when I just sprayed it on the bike without wetting the bike first, and mixing it too strong. Or a hot bike in the sun, where it dries out, no good. I bought 10 gallons of it to give to my friends here in Indiana. I was the guy that mentioned it on the forum weeks ago. The folks in Puerto Rico use it on multi-million dollar boats and the love it.. Dan