Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I get a PCV from someone other than FuelMoto can I still use his map?"

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If I get a PCV from someone other than FuelMoto can I still use his map?"

Title pretty much says it all,. I have an opportunity to pick up a PCV from someone that wrecked his bike and isn't going to be buying a new one. I have heard such great things about the Fuel Moto maps I would like to be able to use his rather than reinvent the wheel on my own. How does this all work?

Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Milwaukee 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from Jamie at Fuel Moto when I got the package I remember reading somewhere that I would need an invoice number or something like that if i needed a new map. I don't know if this means you can only get maps if you got an invoice number from FM or if it just helps them with knowing exactly what product you have. So to answer your question, I really don't know.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you can use a Fuel Moto map or any map you want. There are maps available from the Power commander site also. Go ahead and download the software, you'll see just how easy it is to use.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Mike, You can download maps from power comander.
There is a huge selection of maps for mega configurations.
The only thing you will need is a laptop, usb cables and the software from power comander.
Oh an of course the instructions as well.
So if it is a great deal,and it covers your bike, there are one or two differant models
I would go for it and build get hold of a laptop the software and away you go.
It really is plug and play, but it wont give you what a custom map/dyno will do for you.
look in the dyno section and you will find posts from members and results, good and bad
( I aint knocking anyone btw ) it is figure of speak only.
You will gain lots of knowledge after reading and asking more questions on what your expected results are.
Just my .02 worth.
Rob

Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

you need an invoice number to request a map. I would assume it is a way to make sure people don't use him for free maps and to serve his paying customers better but I'm not sure

Old 04-27-2009, 04:14 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

A FM map will work in any PCV, but you can't get one unless the PCV was originally purchased from them. This makes perfect sense and IMO is a totally legitimate policy. A PCV is a PCV, but FM's claim to fame is in their maps and customer service, and he cannot provide maps for everyone since otherwise people would buy a PCV for $10 less on Ebay, then bother him for a map. He barely has time to service his real customers, let alone everybody else looking for a free handout. BTW, I'm not criticizing the OP, as his question is legitimate.

To the OP, find out where he purchased the PCV, as there's a good chance it came from FM. In that case you're in like Flynn. If not, buy a set of his DT Jackpot mufflers and/or AC and I'm sure you'd then be qualified to receive one of his maps.

Like Milwaukee1 said, you need an invoice number submitted via email to receive a requested map via return email. BTW, the maps downloaded from the DynoJet (PC) site are not nearly as accurate, IMO.

Last edited by iclick; 04-27-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

So if someone else has an 09 FLHX with a stage1 filter and Rinehart Slip ons I can't use the same map they got?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

If you found someone that has a similar build as you and would be willing to share there MAPS with you, they would work. The PC doesn't know where the MAP came from and there is nothing written in to the MAPS from FM that only work on PC's that come from FM. All MAPS originate from PC and the ones from FM are tuned to bikes and saved then shipped to customers, so basically they are canned MAP's that are cutomized. That is the same reason most SERT and SEST tuner don't supply the customer with a copy of the MAP they tuned, because nother would stop the customer from sharing the MAP with his friend that have the same build.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:53 PM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you power up the PC V with the laptop and get map, notice the map notes. If it contains a fuel moto map they place their name in the map notes section.

Personally though Jamie has given me the best support of any business I have purchased an item from. While some of the guys on this forum have helped me with my changes on my map, we all bought from Jamie. Fuel Moto invested a lot of time on their maps, I would feel real guilty to give someone a map without Jamie's okay. Maybe contact Jamie and talk to him personally, he may be able to work something out.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
So if someone else has an 09 FLHX with a stage1 filter and Rinehart Slip ons I can't use the same map they got?
If you know someone who has the same set up as you, you can use their map. What do you do if there is something that needs tweeked for your bike. Maybe your gas mileage isn't where you want it, who do you call for support? I only buy the PCV from someone other than FuelMoto only if it is a deal so good I can't pass up. I think if its 100.00 diff, I still go to FM. The warranty, service, map doesn't work, isn't exactly right or any other reason.

Quick Reply: If I get a PCV from someone other than FuelMoto can I still use his map?"