Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing helmet from 1/2 to 3/4. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Theakerr
Tourer

Have an Arai 3/4 helmet with two visors. Love it. Quiet except when ALL vents are open. Very good venting. Deep shield that would give my chin some protection in the event of a come-off. Almost no buffeting.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been riding with a HJC IS-33 for about 4months now and love the helmet...It vents well the shield really helps for those rain storms...and the tinted shield could be a little darker but not needing sunglasses is a plus...and for about $120 you couldn't find a better helmet

Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the Arai. I have also had an HJC 3/4 and a Shoei 3/4.

Arai has been my favorite by far.

Originally Posted by Theakerr
Have an Arai 3/4 helmet with two visors. Love it. Quiet except when ALL vents are open. Very good venting. Deep shield that would give my chin some protection in the event of a come-off. Almost no buffeting.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I've been riding with a HJC IS-33 for about 4months now and love the helmet...It vents well the shield really helps for those rain storms...and the tinted shield could be a little darker but not needing sunglasses is a plus...and for about $120 you couldn't find a better helmet
I'm going to take a look at both the scorpion and the IS-33. How does the inner shield fit when wearing sunglasses? Thanks for all the help and reviews!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 AM
boomer
Cruiser

I too was looking for a new helmet. And while surfing the web saw that nolan has a new
helmet the n43air. It's modular and has a lot of nice features. The only thing is it's only
available in Europe at this time. I did contact a couple of places one in the UK and on
in Italy and thay will ship to the US. I'm sorry I don't have a link for them but a google
search let you see it. price is pretty steep in the UK

Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Crusher
Road Master

Did you look at the Bell Mag 8. Has a removable visor and face shield retracks into the helmet. Worth a look. Haven't tried one myself but two friends have them and love them.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 AM
shadowrunner
Cruiser

I have a Shoei 3/4 helmet, I like it alot, has good air-flow, and fits my head well, I got a
"Shoei shaped" head not an Arai shaped, a little expensive but very well made and
solid feeling, I wear sunglasses under the visor most of the time to.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
hoosierbagman
Advanced
Default scorpion helmet

My 2cents worth. I bought the Scorpion helmet and found that sits lower on my head than a regular 1/2 helment does and it pinched the tops of my ears against my head against the temples of my glasses and was quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. The shield is close to your eyes, but it was pretty nice (the main reason I bought the helmet). I returned it.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:25 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I have been looking at the Nolan N42-E as a 3/4 option. It also has a flip down sun shield which I am looking for. Sometimes riding into the sun with sunglasses on is still not enough so the extra sunshield would help. But I can't find one locally to try so the HJC gives me another option.

Quick Reply: Changing helmet from 1/2 to 3/4. Advice?