Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium Tour Pak Hinges are Real Deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:14 PM
bjryman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Tour Pak Hinges are Real Deal

Just received a promo catalog from HD and in it are the Premium Tour Pak Hinges that many in this forum thought were being discontinued.

Part Number 79211-08.

I've had mine for a couple of months and about 2,000 miles of open and shutting. No problems, and still look great

bj

Old 05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Love mine !. Thumbs-Up on that item as I would recommend every tour pak owners to get 'em.

Support HD,

Thorey

Old 05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats so great about them? mine seem to work ok.....they keep my lid on when I open and close? do they look different or do anything else?....just wondering

Old 06-01-2009, 03:11 AM
webbug
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes convince us to get them

Old 06-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The fference in appearance alone make them well worth canging. The stock hinges work ok, but look like hell. The new hinge should have been stock on these bikes long ago. The new hinge matches the look of the latches, instead of looking like a piece of add-on crap. Difference is HUGE!

Here are before and after pics on my2008 Ultra

Attached Thumbnails Premium Tour Pak Hinges are Real Deal-old-hinges.jpg   Premium Tour Pak Hinges are Real Deal-new-hinges.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 349 Posts

Mine were a big improvement!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original hinges look like they belong on Antiques Roadshow. 19th century technology. The replacements are smooth with internal attachments and match the latch side much better. They were apparently discontinued because the new hinges use screws to attach to the tour pak (not rivets) and there have been reports of lids coming loose. Like parts vibrating loose has ever stopped the MoCo from selling something....

Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I see they still haven't fixed the error in the website description here where at the top they say it fits the chopped TP, then at the bottom says it doesn't. It has been like this for months now.

To my knowledge no one with a chopped TP has tried mounting these even thought the stock hinges are the same, and until someone does I won't take the chance.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will betcha a donut that they will be standard equipment on the 2010 models, they look that much better.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting with the part number. Bought it online (cheaper that way. $42) and will pick them up today. Seen these on another Ultra and they look completely different than the stock p.o.s. hinges. Not only do the look better (chrome), but they offer better security than the stock ones as the screws are not exposed.

Seems to me that if you have a torx, you can remove the stock hinges and get into the Tour Pak whether it's locked or not. Can't do that with these.

Quick Reply: Premium Tour Pak Hinges are Real Deal