Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheres the key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Even if it is on the bike, the red key should come on and the signals should blink after the bike sits still for a few seconds IF he has security and IF tehy programmed at the dealer. Mine wasn't programmed and it acted just like it didn't ahve any security.

So someone already asked this I think, Does the signals flash after you turn it off and let it set a few seconds?

Old 06-27-2009, 06:55 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh seriously...there are two fobs and the dealer didn't mention where they were or walk you through the security setup? I believe the bikes come from the MoCo with them zip tied to the bars and most dealers leave them there.

One of the first things to do is set your PIN on the security system. I've seen guys who leave their garage without the fob (because it's IN the garage so the bike starts) then get to a destination and are all WTF? because they can't start the bike. Those are usually the people who don't set their codes either, so the factory default will get them going.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:14 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by centershots
If your sales person had it on him/her and was next to the bike it will start and run fine until you turn it off.

If the lights blink after turning it off and then it starts again, your key fob may be on the bike somewhere, as stated above.
It will not run fine beyond 20 ft. Part of the security system is cutting off the fuel, which causes the bike to die. I have to put the fob in the TP if I'm at the dealer for service, as it will stall if it isn't there.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is in the pouch in the trunk.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:55 AM
davep
Cruiser

If it's on the bike somewhere it will start!!!!!! If you can't start it, it's lost....

Old 06-27-2009, 10:44 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Umm........what's an elc?

Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
foxhd
Cruiser

Just picked up my streetglide. I was told that it did not come with a security system. Therefore no fob. I think I'll e-mail Harley and ask about it.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 PM
centershots
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
It will not run fine beyond 20 ft. Part of the security system is cutting off the fuel, which causes the bike to die. I have to put the fob in the TP if I'm at the dealer for service, as it will stall if it isn't there.

??? I start mine all the time in front of my house, I have a large house and I walk away from the bike in the morning as it warms up. I'm at least 50 - 75 feet away and mine never cuts off.

Also, as mentioned above, I've had guys tell me they've ridden off from home after they have started their bike and left the fob at home. Only to find when they get to there destination they can't restart there bike.

Wonder if there's different systems, I know I'm at least fifty feet away from mine and it keeps running. ???

Old 06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
testifer
Road Master

it was in the tour pack pouch...lol i found it later that day

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Not my experience. Only need the fob nearby to start the bike - can walk away, well out of range and it runs fine. In fact, don't even need a fob to start it if you put the code in with the turn signals.

Quick Reply: wheres the key fob?