Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

did I get a good deal 2009 ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
limj23
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdam
7 posts, no profile..........

OMG guys like you are the ones they totally flame on clubchopper. You probally are all HD'ed out to from the boots to the hat thinkin that clown look you have going is cool huh? You also probally think your too cool to wave at metric riders as well right? Jeez I guess since I only have 7 posts I must not be worthy to be a HD member??? You want my profile? Here it is: im 38, single, live in chicago, am self made, thank my lucky stars everyday that im able to take care of my folks and family and most of all thankful for my health and wealth. Now you probally live in cookie cutter suburb and get that HD gear on every weekend when you wife lets you out da house and you go hang out at the local HD dealer with your of course matching HD head gear and sit in the parking lot thinking someones impressed with your stage 1 kit and SE parts??????

Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 PM
jman2122
Intermediate

I would say it's a good deal. I was at a dealer in East Texas on Saturday and asked what the drive out price on a 09 blk Ultra with ABS and security that he had sitting in the showroom. He had the clerk ask me if I was local and I said no I'm from Dallas and he quoted me 23,010 out the door. I think I will hang on to my 07 Ultra. Where did you buy it?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
limj23
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jman2122
I would say it's a good deal. I was at a dealer in East Texas on Saturday and asked what the drive out price on a 09 blk Ultra with ABS and security that he had sitting in the showroom. He had the clerk ask me if I was local and I said no I'm from Dallas and he quoted me 23,010 out the door. I think I will hang on to my 07 Ultra. Where did you buy it?
Hey Jman2122,
I bought it at Chicago Harley and they are by far the best willing to deal. Let me give you the lowdown on them they started out as one of the smaller HD dealers in town and then now they opened up a 2nd location one of those mega dealers in the burbs. they give 20% off all HD parts and accessories with no gold club member bs or nonsense all they everyday. Since your cool and not like the other 2 hating clowns I double checked my paper work for you and heres the breakdown: Bike was 18.8K and taxes, title and other stuff actually came out cheaper than i remembered 20,275 OTD final price. I also got the 7 year warranty with tire coverage for an extra 1650.00 I think it was listed at over 2K or something he said. For kicks you should ask for Perry in sales at the Glenview location and ask him for a OTD price and see what they say. The 09's really handle well and is really a nice package for the greenbacks.

http://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/locations.php

Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Hawnted
Cruiser

Originally Posted by limj23
Hey Jman2122,
I bought it at Chicago Harley and they are by far the best willing to deal. Let me give you the lowdown on them they started out as one of the smaller HD dealers in town and then now they opened up a 2nd location one of those mega dealers in the burbs. they give 20% off all HD parts and accessories with no gold club member bs or nonsense all they everyday. Since your cool and not like the other 2 hating clowns I double checked my paper work for you and heres the breakdown: Bike was 18.8K and taxes, title and other stuff actually came out cheaper than i remembered 20,275 OTD final price. I also got the 7 year warranty with tire coverage for an extra 1650.00 I think it was listed at over 2K or something he said. For kicks you should ask for Perry in sales at the Glenview location and ask him for a OTD price and see what they say. The 09's really handle well and is really a nice package for the greenbacks.

http://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/locations.php

That is great info. I am on the market for an 09 now (will be my first Harley) so I will keep them in mind.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:41 PM
limj23
Cruiser

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Wondering or concerned. A matter of degree. But then, I suppose everyone doesn't know that.

Well well well txfxstrider you and rdam need to grow some diks and notice how your the only ones hatin while others like us are here to share and learn from each other. These other folks obviously dont have pencil diks like you 2 clowns.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:44 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds to me like you got a smokin' deal. But with 5 in the stable, I'm wondering why you're concerned?? I continue to hear about folks getting better and better deals the closer we get to the dealer show. I'm just wondering if there is going to be something really good this year that's stimulating the dealers to reduce inventory.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
Yesterday, (Saturday July 11, 2009) I went to the Dealer that has always given me great deals. I was very disappointed. I have Cash and looking for a 2009 Road Glide. He had 4 Road Glides on his floor. One FLTRSE, 3 FLTRs without ABS. The colors are Vivid Black, Denim, and Peril Black. I want the Vivid Black.
He said, "The Road Glide is selling good, so I can't deal too much on those" and offered $22k OTD on the Vivid Black. I told him I was not happy with that price. I will wait two weeks until the 2010 come out. Then I will see if you (he) will deal.

I then stopped by another dealer close to home that I know is a Stealer and does NOT deal. He had an FLTRSE and one Peril Black FLTR with ABS and Spoke Wheels. They wanted $25k.

I will wait..
I had the first dealer call me this afternoon (July 13) to apologize for not spending more time with me. I told him that his brother (true) helped me. He asked if I had just been looking or was wanting to buy on Saturday when I was there. I assured him I had came to buy. I had $10K for down and rest in bank if the price was one "I could not refuse". (I used that statement.) And it was not. He offered about $500 more than his brother had offered on Saturday. I told him that his was more than his brother, but not how much. He asked how much I wanted to pay. I told him not what he offered. I told him I knew about how much the FLTR cost them and I did not expect to get it for that. They were in business to make money. I just felt that they were not going to make it all from me.

I told him that I figured when the 2010 models came out and they still had the four FLTRs on the floor, they would be more willing to deal. I did tell him that I expected something under $20K (OTD for a Vivid Black FLTR W/O ABS and stock wheels).

I will wait until the new ones are out and will see what happens.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chicago HD does have great deals, the incredible thing is they don't try to make up for it via shipping.

My wife ordered me a set of HD Reaper wheels with accessories at 20% off including the tires and got a shipping quote for all of it at $35.

Amazing.

Everyone else has tried to charge $100 for shipping wheels/tires.