Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Extension Kit - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam
that's the nice thing about black.....they can tell you that it has to be HD vivid black, but as most people know, black is black and you can get any body shop to paint it, as they usually have the color lying around the shop. A local custom painter did mine for $100, because he had lots of black in the shop.

Now your bike is a whole different story when it comes to getting parts painted. Great color.........but you're not about to find too many shops with can of it lying around
Your absolutley correct.But there is a guy that HD uses down here who does great work and can match it.He was the one i was going to use to paint used bags to specs.But as good as good as he is he's is expensive and even more with the special paint he has to use for my bike.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:31 PM
assassin307
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look great! I may do those as well!

Old 08-08-2009, 08:26 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had my Dash (one on gas tank) painted black and it does not match the HD black. Nobody notices, but I can see the difference.

Do the HD bags slant downward towards the back of the bag?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:37 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn....almost makes me want to get duals again..

Old 08-08-2009, 08:48 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

Sam, you got a mean machine brewing there.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FFeric
I had my Dash (one on gas tank) painted black and it does not match the HD black. Nobody notices, but I can see the difference.

Do the HD bags slant downward towards the back of the bag?
There you go, prove me wrong about the paint. Honestly, I've used black before that wasn't HD vivid black and it always matched. But as you say, yours doesn't match, so I guess all blacks aren't created equal.

Yes, they slant to the back, but with a bit of a curve (one of the things I really liked about them), if you google images for the "09 CVO Road Glide" or go to Youtube and put in the same thing, you may get a better idea of what they look like.

Last edited by Sam; 08-08-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the comments on the bike guys and I agree.......now it needs a Street Glide fender

Although, I was thinking about maybe going in this direction instead hdtribar

Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
lowleveldriver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really would like to get this extention kit but I wish they came painted. I have a 09 CVO ultra do anyone know who I can send the kit to match my paint.

Trey

Old 08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

that looks terrific!!!!
thks for sharing

Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
etstrine
Tourer

Originally Posted by lowleveldriver
I really would like to get this extention kit but I wish they came painted. I have a 09 CVO ultra do anyone know who I can send the kit to match my paint.

Trey
Any painter is going to roll his eyes when you bring him something and ask him/her to 'match' it. Especially if the piece to be painted will be right beside the piece you are tryin to match. Even pieces coming directly from Harley will not be an exact match. That is because you will never get two batches of paint, even if they are from the same paint manufacturer, to be identical. Very minor variations in the way a batch of paint is mixed, thinned, applied, even stored, will affect the color of a paint. The best any after market painter can do is: One; use Harley special order EXPENSIVE paint, which will not be an exact match but will be very close, or Two; use various other paint suppliers (i.e. PPG) which will be less expensive and also a close match. The only way to make the match as seamless as possible is to attach the the extensions and then paint the whole bag. I hope I am not coming across too harshly here, but as a former painter I know how frustrating this issue can be when dealing with customers.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Extension Kit - Pictures