Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Try Out Mustang's Police Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:35 PM
103FLHTPI
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Try Out Mustang's Police Seat?

I just noticed them on Mustang's site. I called Mustang to get more details and they said it would lower me about an inch compared to Harley's seat. Does anyone have this seat? What's your take on it? It would be nice to have a backrest and still have the air ride.

Thanks.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
103FLHTPI
Advanced

Bumping this to give the question one more try.

Nobody's tried this seat? I'm hesitant to buy one without feedback.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Wish I could help, but I can't. I just took off the air ride seat off my 07 RK police. It just sat me up waayyyy too high, and I thought it looked too clunky. It was super comfy, though, and I'll save all of it in just in case. I'm hoping some time in the not too distant future, there might be some reasonable way to lower and move the seat back. I might show the front bracket to my brother and see if he can fab me up a new one that would move the seat back about 1 1/2 inch and somehow come up with a shorter air bladder. If the mustang seat was about an inch shorter, in combination with a shorter air bladder and moving the seat back just a bit, it might be perfect. With enough of these bikes in civilian use, you'd think someone would come up with an elegant solution.

In the meantime, I put a mustang solo on. Sits right down, and feels pretty good, too. It's the one with the back rest, and it should work out pretty good. It certainly looks a lot better.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 PM
103FLHTPI
Advanced

Well... I went ahead and bought the Mustang Police Seat. It should be delivered by the end of the week. I'll post my review once I get it on my bike.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Good for you; occasionally one of us chooses to be the guinea pig and this was your turn, I guess.

Please start a new thread with your review and, of course, include pics.

Personally, I think you will be happy with the seat. Mustang makes good stuff.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 PM
BIMC Stinger
Cruiser

I just now saw this post! I have this seat and I can honestly say DONT BUY IT!

Just kidding. I do have it and I love it! The first week I had it we took a trip up to northern Indiana for a benefit ride. After the ride was over we rode up into Michigan, spent the night, got up and did over 500 miles north then west and south and ended up in Milwaukee (Iron Horse Hotel is a must stay place by the way). Then on Million Mile Monday we rode from Milwaukee back down to southern Indiana. I am very happy with the seat. With or without the backrest installed I find it more than comfortable and the design is much better than the stocker! They take it in a little in your thigh area so you reach the ground a little easier. I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam and I found the stock seat set your legs wider than I liked and I felt like I need to stand slightly at stop signs before.

You should be pretty happy with this new one man!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 PM
103FLHTPI
Advanced

Man BIMC Stinger... you got me on that one! I read the first line and felt sick. I'm glad I kept on reading. I hope I'm as happy with the seat as you are.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:30 PM
BIMC Stinger
Cruiser

I think you will be. I still have the stock one in my garage, but I'm leaving in the morning to ride from IN to NY and back and I trust the seat will do me just fine for that trip as well!