Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Road Tech Zūmo 660 Vid & Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 AM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking H-D Road Tech Zūmo 660 Vid & Info

Finally got my Harley-Davidson Road Tech Zūmo 660 made by Garmin yesterday and thought I'd share as a few have asked me for more details. I'll start with a video (map for dealership appears to point to their old business location down the road) and a couple pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbAF51fIIQA

Test fit to see what the GPS would look like mounted on the bike in a traditional fashion. (You need to purchase a mount seperately.)

The unit came with the latest maps. At the time, I wasn't sure as to the firmware but ran an upgrade anyways. Went flawlessly using Windows XP.

Several nice videos of the non-Harley version can be found here. One of the better writeups comparing the Zumo 550 to the 660 can be found here.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 AM
hdbe
Road Master

great pics...keep us updated on which install you decide to go with ( personally i was thinking of still using a RAM mount) and the performance of the new toy...

Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my Zumo 660 this year while in Sturgis at Black Hills HD. Great unit, I installed it in about an hour in the garage of the house we rented. Did not come with the carrying case so I just fired off an email to garmin to see if they would supply me with one.
I used it to get me back home to Ontario Canada and it worked flawlessly, easy to see even with the sun on it. I used the handle bar mount (ram mount) and the only problem I can see with that is that it covers up the fuel gauge, I have to lean forward while riding to see the gauge. Not a big problem.
bought a SD card and filled it up with some MP3s and pictures after i got back home and looks and sounds great.
I also have a Magellan and a Tomtom and I think the Zumo660 is by the far the best of the three.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:07 PM
clutchglass
Road Master

Team,
If any of you are interested in using your zumo to scout and hunt...I downloaded a book for about $9 at www.payloadz.com that tells how to use google earth to do it.
-clutch-
P.S. I have the 550 & haven't noticed any of the problems with it that article mentions (knock on wood) it's been GREAT!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I got the Zumo 450 about a year ago - up until then I really put down the GPS system... I still like paper maps but have conceded that the GPS does have its place... Just got to be very careful while riding....

I really like the Techmount system
http://www.techmounts.com/

What I like most about the GPS is Restaraunts - Motels and I have just figured out that I can download 34 hours of a shows on a 2 gig card

The talk radio shows I like have podcast and downloadable shows from weeks pasts.. I can download several and enjoy the shows while on the road..

also, if you havn't found this yet

Old 08-24-2009, 05:32 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

forgot to add the link for the zumo forum

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?action=forum

you have to reg first but it is a great place to learn about the Zumo's

Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 AM
mattshfd
Intermediate
Default Zumo

Where exactly did you order your Roadtech Zumo from? Chicago HDs website? Ive been looking for a GPS for my bike and have come to the conclusion that the Zumo is what I want, although its exspensive! I would be happy with the lower price you got it for...can you help me with where you got it more specificly?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered my 660 from Hales, $599 plus shipping, also ordered a ram mount from Expressmounts.com ,Model: 010-11270-03. My quest mount was on my bike for 5 years, no problems. The Ram system is great. They have mounts for everything. Really looking forward to the 660.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
mattshfd
Intermediate
Thumbs up Got my 660!

Thanks, I got my 660 on order now! I checked Mansfield HD and they had it for $599.00. So then I called my local HD, SouthEast and they said they would honor that price but would have to charge me tax...almost another $50! I ended up ordering from Chicago HD for $599.99 plus $20 shipping. Im happy with that price, havent seen it cheaper anywhere else. Thanks for the tip!

Im gonna try a fab a mount to fit in the middle of my dash at the windshield. Ive got the three HD dash bags there now...I wanna pull the center bag out and try and mount the 660 there. I figure it will be at a good level to take a quick look while riding, easy to reach and should look good! With all the wires hiden it should look good, if I can do it!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:27 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master

Finally got it mounted using the car mount and a base bought off eBay. Need to take it for a road test someday.

Quick Reply: H-D Road Tech Zūmo 660 Vid & Info