Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Dropped my Bagger the First Week
Guilty
15.65%
Guilty with an explanation
5.78%
Hell No....
72.11%
What Do You Consider Dropping?
2.04%
I Ain't Telling Nobody Nothin!
4.42%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Dropping your Bagger in the FIRST WEEK.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only part that has ever hit the ground is the tires.... but in the 2nd month, I was in a group ride...backing into a parking space...an every one was watching me (may have been my paranoia).... I had the wheel cut hard to the right, looked over my right shoulder...and suddenly..we were leaning REAL hard to the left... Of course two up... wife tried to bail out.. got her foot caught between my left foot and the bike....I held it until a buddy assisted me...just a real close call...

My favorite story.... me and a buddy rode our rice burners from Houston to Coca Beach Fla... first place we go when we hit town...a bar called the Turtle... when they built it, they made a mound and the parking lot was all on an incline. So after we shut the place down... he backs out...starts talking smart...puts his feet on the pegs, twists the throttle...and lays over on his left side....he forgot to crank it up !!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:27 PM
jmyeds
Stage IV
Wink Made it

Bought mine on the twelfth and I made it through! My wife dropped my last bike the first time I let here ride it and she has her own! She also test drove my Ultra BEFORE I bought it! No problems!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

My 07 RKC almost got run over in parking lot after 1 month, dropped it on my leg and broke ankel.

09 UC, son *** ended me with wifes sporty at 10 days, 12 k damage to both bikes little road rash.

So tecnically I can say "HELL NO".

Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely NOT! Now that's got to be painful.... First week? Hard to believe.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Nope. Nada...
On a side note I have started it in gear, downshifted instead of upshifting, and took off with the kickstand down. All in public and all attention getters.
That do make a racket, don't it....?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
rk99
Cruiser

I was able to ride my 'new' '99 Road King, wash it and get it ready for SPI Bike Week at South Padre Island, Texas. Got up that Saturday at 6am, road it in and arrived by 7am. Had breakfast at Denny's and finally went to the Convention Center by 8am...parked it right in front of the front doors!!.. I was so STOKED I FORGOT TO PUT THE KICKSTAND DOWN!!! ..and DOWN she went! I got up, picked it up and on the stand before anyone saw what happened!! That was my first bike fest... TOO FUNNY!! next..

Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
BruceFenster
Intermediate

First time I backed it out of the garage one hour after bringing home my new 08 Ultra home. Over it went. First scratch on right lower engine guard.

About two weeks later wife on the back I cut a little hard turning around and stopped right over a pot hole. My feet didn't reach the bottom and over the bike and both of us went. First scratch on left lower engine guard to match the one on the right.

Was going to remove the bag guards but that changed real quick.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First day on an inclined driveway. So comfortable with the ride I got to in-laws house rode up the driveway turned perpendicular and realized my mistake. The foot I was trying to plant was on the downhill slope side and once she got leaning it was too late for me to react. Only a minor scratch on the engine guards that I was planning on taking off........yes i changed my mind and they are still on.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When I got it home I just parked it in the garage, got off and pushed it over just to get it over with. Only kidding, but I thought about it.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did ok solo, but dropped it 3 times in 2 days when my wife went with me on our first big tour. After that I started thinking well ahead about U turns on inclines, etc. She didn't see the humor, but she still went 2500 miles with me on the next summer's tour.

Quick Reply: Poll: Dropping your Bagger in the FIRST WEEK.