Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's my new 2010 Road Glide Black Denim - pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:16 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DHart
Thanks to all here who answered my many questions about the new Harleys. I just said goodbye to my great old friend (2004 Road King Custom 95ci) and made a great new friend. Got a decent deal (MSRP only with no set-up fee). And I love this paint finish! Here are some pics from yesterday. I reaaaally need pipes, A/C, and seats/backrests for this beauty! Mustang Solo with backrest and Mustang Passenger seat are on the way from Mustang. Just need to figure out the pipe thing now!

Some may not like the styling of the Road Glide but what I totally love about it is that the bike has at it's core the traditional H-D heart and soul, but with the frame mounted fairing and dual "UFO" headlights (these lights had an AMAZING high-beam illumination on the dark country roads last night!), it's got a very progressive modern look to it. Sort of a mix of a little bit of old school re-set for the future. I totally love it. Progressive looking tradition!

Initial observations. The new Harleys, with their new chassis, Bembro ABS brakes, 96 ci engine and six speed tranny are really leaps and bounds above my older bike, which I loved dearly for 30,000 wonderful miles! The new ride is fantastic. There were some strong winds crossing the bridge over the Columbia River yesterday and with the frame mounted fairing, my front wheel/bars didn't waver in the least. I think the frame mounted fairing is a fantastic design. The steering feel is amazingly light and nimble in all conditions. I'm really glad I went with this exact bike, this year. Somehow this bike really "glides" more than my Road King did and handles exceptionally well. The Street Glide and Electra Glide Classic (smartest move, price wise!) had some very strong appeal as well, but the Road Glide won me over with it's slightly more "purpose built" progressive design and the beautiful sweeping lines that just flow perfectly from front to rear.
Absolutely love it ! Absolutely jealous too !!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The bike looks great, you got any plans for it?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Congrats on that bike. It really is beautiful in the flat black. Road glides are an animal all their own.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!! Love the Flat and pin striping

Old 09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
lp johnny
Road Captain

That is very sharp!
You'll love the denim finish...enjoy the ride!
John

Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking Road Glide! The denim black and pin striping is very sweet! Welcome to the secret society! Tell everyone it's a horrible bike. we are trying to keep the Road Glides on the DL.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Silverslider
Tourer
Default Very sharp

That is one nice looking Roadie! The denim black and red stripes look too sweet!
congratulations

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
DHart
Tourer

Hey... thank you for the comments.

My wife and I put a little over 500 miles on the FLTRX this weekend... loving it! Did a lot of rev up and downs between 2500 and 3800 rpm for break-in. Getting to feel at-home with the controls now. And now I'm feeling fairly well in the groove with the bike. Hate the lack of throttle responsiveness and low end torque, which I had with my '04 RK Custom 95cu in. with V&H pipes, but that will come to the new bike when I can get some new pipes, A/C, etc. This weekend's riding had a lot of up and down shifts, and the new tranny is just barely beginning to feel a little less "new" now... which I like. Give me another couple thousand miles, some new pipes from heads on down to tips, free breathing A/C and I'll be totally in the groove!

Mustang seats and backrest will arrive Wednesday and make my wife and I much more comfortable. (Having had a rider backrest on my RK Custom, I don't evern want to be without one of those again... fantastic!)

Now exploring pipes options and a slightly taller windshield for longer freeway rides. Any suggestions?

And wife now says she's needing one of the new Harley jackets and helmut! But, of course!

Last edited by DHart; 09-27-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking scoot. That would look great with more blacked-out parts on it and less chrome. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
GarArnett
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
thats the bike that i've been looking for! but no one around here has it.....
I looked for month for mine. Finally called a dealer in NC who ran a check and found 5 in the SE US. I had to goto Maryville Tn to get mine - a nice 230 mile ride home ensued, after riding Deal's Gap (another 100 round trip).

They are out there, but Black Denim is a hard color to find. Red is in every showroom around here. It's nice, but bright shiny red just ain't my style.

Quick Reply: Here's my new 2010 Road Glide Black Denim - pics