Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road Glide Custom w/Mustang Solo & Passenger Setup - pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the exact same set up and got it from Ronnie Lewis at www.lewiscustomcycles.com. Got the whole set up, a full fender bib and he threw in the shorty bib for $560 shipped. Excellent customer service! I wish I'd have known sooner, I could have thrown you his way. He usually sells at 20% discount, and more depending on amount ordered and brand. Last I checked, still free shipping.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 AM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I have the exact same set up and got it from Ronnie Lewis at www.lewiscustomcycles.com. Got the whole set up, a full fender bib and he threw in the shorty bib for $560 shipped. Excellent customer service! I wish I'd have known sooner, I could have thrown you his way. He usually sells at 20% discount, and more depending on amount ordered and brand. Last I checked, still free shipping.

Good tip, thanks!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior

Grreat site thanks

Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 AM
DHart
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Johnny.... that's an excellent tip. I should have done my homework first! Still very happy with the choice, though.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Bull_Duck
Tourer

Excellent choice. You are going to love the setup.

I did the same on my '08 RG. When 2-up, the rear seat goes on, and so does the quick detach sissy bar and rack - 30 second easy off for both. When riding alone, I prefer the look of the single seat.

Agree that the back rest is highly recommended. I have a back rest on my RG's Mustang seat, and I have one on my daily-urban-rider 2000 Deuce's Corbin solo.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Looks great, nice addition!!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:32 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm thinking about buying this solo combo for my 09 EGC.But I'm only 5'5' and I've been told that the Mustang seat is higher than stock and moves you back a bit.Is this true?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:12 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by DHart
I got the standard driver backrest that comes with the solo seat w/backrest combo. Bought directly from Mustang. There's a 14-day return if you don't like the seats. All together it was in the $700's. I am thrilled with the versatility and feel of these seats! Great look with the solo and great comfort/utility for two-up when you need that!
Do you know whether the HD backrest set up will work with the solo seat, or just the Mustang one?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hullhorr
Do you know whether the HD backrest set up will work with the solo seat, or just the Mustang one?
Just the mustang backrest...I asked the same question back when I got mine.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
DHart
Tourer

Originally Posted by hullhorr
After reading a lot of comments on rider backrests, I decided to go with Mustang. All indications are that the Mustang backrest is a better choice as it takes up less room from the passenger side, is so quick and easy to put on and take off, and adjusts so nicely.

Quick Reply: 2010 Road Glide Custom w/Mustang Solo & Passenger Setup - pics