Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to buy HD gear - jackets and such?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got my FXRG Jacket off ebay. $495.00 delivered for the 09 model. Saved $160 plus tax. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NWT-2...4506.m20.l1116

Old 10-05-2009, 05:25 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

I ordered one from NewRoc last year as well. Great price as well, I believe it was 450.00 but that was for an 08. Good folks to deal with. I had warranty issue with a snap coming off the collar and they took care of sending me a new jacket after sending the original back in.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/

made in the good old usa...good stuff!

smat

Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default clothes ect

plus 1 for leatherup.com

Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
Im leaning towards getting a FXRG jacket for the winter... where to find the best deal online? My local dealers would have to order my size anyways, thus I may as well save some $$ and order it myself
China. Just had to throw that in there, since thats where they come from. Check out Fox Creek Leathers.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz
China. Just had to throw that in there, since thats where they come from. Check out Fox Creek Leathers.
This is true. But these jackets are in a class of their own, compared to other H-D jackets. My brother has a Fox Creek, and he tried my FXRG on and was very impressed. Let's face it, half the crap the dealers sell as "accessories" for our bikes is made in China/Taiwan........

Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz
Yeah I thought about this, but I looked at this jacket in the dealer, and I have to say It's a hell of a jacket. Now that I own one I have to say that it was money well spent. I look at it this way, I purchased it from a dealer, the employees are American, so I'm keeping an American employed. It's still a nice azz jacket.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:31 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin79
I ordered a set of chaps from them that just came on Saturday. I am pretty disappointed with the quality of them. I really feel like you get what you pay for especially when I look at the snaps and zippers on them. I looked at the Harley dealer yesterday at their "stock" chaps and they seem like a MUCH better quality item. I think I am gonna send the leatherup chaps back and just buy the HD's. They will not be that much more money when I get my 20% discount at the dealer.
I should have mentioned that. The first pair I ordered I did not like so I searched again and for about $80.00 each I got the 2 pairs I mentioned. They are great quality with a zipper as well as stretch material at the top of thighs.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 AM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fox Creek is running a 10% off sale, along with free shipping. They have several closeout items as well.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:06 AM
secondharley
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
Im leaning towards getting a FXRG jacket for the winter... where to find the best deal online? My local dealers would have to order my size anyways, thus I may as well save some $$ and order it myself
I bought the FXRG jacket and it is the best jacket i own. I was told if you are buying it to ride don't buy the leather FXRG, the material one is much better.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy HD gear - jackets and such?