Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nam Vets

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by domm
did my time @ mostly @ Loc Ninh near Cambodia RSVN with the "Black Horse" Div .on operations Junction City, Fargo , TET 1968 on FIRE BASE HARRY . tHEY MADE A MOVIE about my life & base camp was "AIR AMERICA" with MEL GIBSON & ROBERT DOWNY jr. I was surprised as no one believed me about the temperature was about 42 - 46 deg. at nite on top of that mountain an 90 at day time . I slept in a sleeping bag at nite an mama thought I was nuts when I wrote an told her about the cold temps. at nite. the gooks killed our comanding two star general about the time I left . they shot his chopper down over our base with a lucky R.P.G. with his aid bird Colornel & pilot & co. the Gen. never had his feet on the ground @ our fire base ever ! the fly over was also to much as the N.V.A. took him out ! rest in peace ! I also got a year of debreafing for my duty with the 11th Cav. the war is always with you ! I,m old now an had a good life with hard work . I wish I could trade places with one of those young troopers as I have been there also . I think with a breifing I could be a valuable solder with all my years learnings. wel I must fess up I already tried to reenter an was turned down flat yep too old . I still think I would be a good adviser with a platoon or company. just an old solders thoughts. Bud
Were you there (Loc Ninh) when the NVA hit in late 67?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 AM
2nd Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Home.......and thank you!

I was too young to serve but remember it well.

I ride with four uncles that survived!!

My ultimate respect to all that served......then and now!

You're all hero's in my mind.........always will be

Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Another WELCOME HOME AND THANKS! (told an old WWII vet thanks the other day and it brought tears to his eyes.....and then mine too) And, may God bless and protect those who are serving now. According to the American Legion, I am a Viet Nam era vet, but due to my age, everybody was coming home when I enlisted and I never left the states. (yeah enlisted, young and had a new family to feed). Son-in-law, nephews and cousins serving now and all have been to the sand box at least once. God bless them and all who have served and are serving now! And THANK YOU!!

Last edited by mike5511; 11-09-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 AM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent all day yesterday with 18 other bikes going to 5 rest homes in our town to honor our older vets, gave them t-shirts and american flag pins,,and most importantly our Thanks and respect. As a two tour vet with the 25th Infantry Div in Vietnam they are very special men and women to me. I am sure I get more out of it than they do. Dad was there, D Day Veteran on Utah beach, now 90 and my hero.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
crasha51pan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As to what went down when we returned, it seemed that its our cross to bare. The country learned and I believe it will never happen again. Case in point: I went into town (small ville N/W Montana) to gas my truck, there was a young Marine in dress blues filling up. Was amazed, there was a line of people waiting their turn to shake his hand and say Thank You. Was a site to see, I got in line ! Point being, that was because of Viet Nam and how those hero's were treated on their return. I can live with that !
B Co.
3rd Amphibious Assault Bn.
1st Marine Div.
RVN 66-67

Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 AM
medina charlie
Cruiser

cam rahn bay 1967-1968

Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
jorswift
Road Captain

Thank you all for your service. You all should consider if you haven't, signing up for VA benefits. It is a great place to recieve care and they have a lot to offer. Thanks to you all again and WELCOME HOME!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks to all of the veterans who served including my dad and all of my Uncles. Wish I could enlist in the Marines, but couldn't due to my deafness.

Currently have a boss who served two tours of 'Nam. He totally refuse to retire and continues to work until the day he dies. We're good friends over the years (21 years to be exact) and have seen him cry or go into anxiety attacks for no apparent reasons. He says...Just the darn f*cking flashbacks.

God bless our veterans,

Thorey

Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 AM
willie37
Cruiser

Thank you and welcome home to all of you. Vietnam 64-65

Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
sergeantmajor
Cruiser

Long live the EYES OF THE EAGLE... 101st Airborne LRRPs!!

Quick Reply: Nam Vets