Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taller Bars on a RG

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taller Bars on a RG

The 1st thing I did after the purchase of my bike was to change the bars to the Heritage style bars for the RG. They work ok but I am really wanting something a bit taller. I would really appreciate some pics of RG's with taller bars,maybe 12"s or 13"s something like that to give me an idea as to the looks and compfort of taller bars on the RG.
Thanks guys,post some pics of those sweet Roadies.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:15 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

HERE's some 12" bars I put on a bud's roadie

Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

What kind of bars are those anyway Hawg?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a few with the Wild1 WO515 apes. No cable change required either...

Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used HD WideGlide bars of my last two RG's and been reasonably happy with them.

Over the last year, I've been doing motor work for a local club and many of the members run "Handlebar Lee" bars. While I was not initially attracted to the "look", they damn sure were comfy ~ REALLY COMFY!

I saw a thread recently (here) that showed a RG with BR Bars & they looked very similar to the Lee's. After some research and speaking with Bill @ BR Bars, I had him custom build be a set of 1.5" diameter "Sweeping Beater" (model name) bars.

THese things are freak'n SIK!

I know it's not a great shot, but there's no motor in my scoot & I really didn't feel like pushing is out & back in just for pics of the bars...

BR website: http://www.brcustomcycles.com/

Last edited by PhilM; 12-07-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I'm using Khrome Werks Sweepers +2's and love em. Tried the heritage bars and did not like em at all. Do a search there are LOADS of threads on these Sweeper Bars

Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 AM
gja
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I'm using Khrome Werks Sweepers +2's and love em. Tried the heritage bars and did not like em at all. Do a search there are LOADS of threads on these Sweeper Bars
BigDaddy

First off..get rid of the avatar will ya, it's distracting (ya right)

Second, did you have to change any wiring or cables for the +2s. I am very interested in these as I tend to get some pain in the middle of my back from reaching for the stock bars.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by gja
BigDaddy

First off..get rid of the avatar will ya, it's distracting (ya right)

Second, did you have to change any wiring or cables for the +2s. I am very interested in these as I tend to get some pain in the middle of my back from reaching for the stock bars.
The Avsatar stays...now as far as the cables and everything goes, no change is necessary on the Road Glides. Don't know about batwing bikes. You do have to reroute the chutch cable outside the fairing but there is plenty of room to do that and nothing special is required for that or the handlebar install. If you sit on your bike and extend your arms, comfortably, and then drop them in to position, this is where these bars fit you. Thats what they told me when I bought em and thats EXACTLY how they fit.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Jukebox
Road Master

The Avsatar stays...now as far as the cables and everything goes, no change is necessary on the Road Glides. Don't know about batwing bikes. You do have to reroute the chutch cable outside the fairing but there is plenty of room to do that and nothing special is required for that or the handlebar install. If you sit on your bike and extend your arms, comfortably, and then drop them in to position, this is where these bars fit you. Thats what they told me when I bought em and thats EXACTLY how they fit.
Well Big Daddy, I love the avatar,I hope she is always there to look at.
Do you have a pic of these from the riders seat?
I had to reroute the clutch cable to use the Heritage bars too. They work,but I still find myself having to lean forward to hold the bars,& I cannot move them back anymore.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 57 Posts

ditto on the krome Werks +2 sweepers... I had Heritage bars and they were OK but these are much better FOR ME. lots of options out there.

Quick Reply: Taller Bars on a RG