Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 113 Craps out after 11 mths & 18000mi - No warranty!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 103" in my Fatbob is covered. Even covered under the extended plan I bought. Says on the agreement all Genuine HD parts Installed by Authorized HD dealer.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sancho
If they aren't going to warranty it why is dealer installation required? You could have had your aunt Tilly put it in. If they screw you out of this I'd put in an S&S or brand X engine. My dealer says they warranty work they do, parts and labor, for 1 year. You need to publish the name of this dealer to warn people.
I agree. If dealer installation is required then dealer warranty should apply.

To be clear its not my engine, its a freinds, and I would handle this dispute differently. I would insist HD fix it for free and if they will not then I would get the bike back and take it straight to an indy to get it fixed with S&S, Andrews or whatever parts. I wouldnt give HD another cent.

We are in Australia, and this is what Harley Australia and the Dealer (Frasers) are telling him.

Thats why I started the thread, I was hoping there may be some guys out there who have had an SE 113 crap out on them in the USA and got it fixed under warranty like they should.

I know there are plently of people out there who choose SE 103 or 110ci kits becuase their dealer covers them (or so they say). When push comes to shove are they really covered???????

The 113 seems to be an unusual engine. Lots of HDF members seem to have 103 and 110 engines, the 113s just dont feature much.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
Smile

+1 seen it warrentied in york pa 200%

Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

Gotta believe it's a foreign deal, here in the States it would be warranted if done by the dealer.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Gutman
Road Master

No 113" is covered in the States or anywhere else under Harley's warranty. Even if installed by a dealer. It states it in the catalog and instructions. The dealer mis-lead or the guy didn't understand. Bottom line, if a dealer say's it's covered, it is on the dealere and no MOCO. It is clearly stated everywhere MOCO advertises the kit. 110 and 103 kit's, if installed as instucted as a KIT is covered.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:29 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Read the material from HD and it will tell you. Anything in their books that have the racing flags next to the item is for racing application and not covered. Anything stated as "street legal" (or green flag) IS covered in their non racing catalog. Your friends 113" is not covered, because of the checkered flag next to the item.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Nightking
Banned

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
If my local dealership builds it, it's warrantied.
But, don't be mistaken by this comment. It is warrantied through the dealer, and not Harley Davidson. Especially these days, everyone needs to remember that all mods done to your bike while under warranty need to be researched. Most folks just assume that since the dealer sold it , installed it, off the showroom floor that it is under warranty from the factory. WRONG. Always remember that.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:43 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
+1 seen it warrentied in york pa 200%
200% ?...Does that mean it is covered twice?

Man that sucks....Bad enough its not covered but to know its not dependable..

Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Sounds like one hell of a dealership down there!

Maybe your freind should arrange a meeting with the owner and the person that said it was covered.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad deal here, good luck.

Quick Reply: SE 113 Craps out after 11 mths & 18000mi - No warranty!!