Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for dealer who will sell Harley SPX Kent-Moore tools to the public

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:23 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I went through the same situation at my dealer. Said it was HD policy. More like that dealer's interpretation or their policy. I now drive across town to a different dealer. It was a simple tool listed in the service manual. I just ordered it online.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I was told the tools are for the techs to buy, being that I am a mechanic by trade they allowed me to buy what I needed. But I know the dealer and they know me. The real reason they wont sell I think is because they will be cutting their own throat in the service dept. Think about it, just like the paint numbers and some parts....Its called captive parts = $$$$

Old 12-22-2009, 12:55 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, well...........looks like dealers read this forum

I got voice mail this AM from local dealer. Said they decided to sell the tools to me....Also got email from Zanottis saying same thing. Told local dealer to order it seeing as how the parts guys there went to bat for me even tho Zannoti's was lots cheaper.

I gotta give Art a call and thank him for his efforts. Too bad my question caused all the drama

Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by oinker02
Well, well...........looks like dealers read this forum

I got voice mail this AM from local dealer. Said they decided to sell the tools to me....Also got email from Zanottis saying same thing. Told local dealer to order it seeing as how the parts guys there went to bat for me even tho Zannoti's was lots cheaper.

I gotta give Art a call and thank him for his efforts. Too bad my question caused all the drama
Great! Now you can tell us what tool it is. Ha, ha.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Moog Player
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to get a scanalyzer and breakoutbox with press. regulator tester. No dice. The FI is coming off!

Old 12-22-2009, 04:20 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Great! Now you can tell us what tool it is. Ha, ha.
He needed the T27 torx bit.

The following users liked this post:
booze hound (07-30-2020)
Old 12-22-2009, 07:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,217 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by mastery
i don't care who you are, thats funny right there

Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mastery

Old 12-22-2009, 08:09 PM
texas_speed_freak
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moog Player
I tried to get a scanalyzer and breakoutbox with press. regulator tester. No dice. The FI is coming off!
So your taking your FI off because you couldnt buy a $2000 ECM scan tool?? You still need it to read the codes on the carb bikes when they throw a codes too... That is a tool that they make a great aftermarket version of. Used it for years.

http://www.powersportrider.com/cgi-bin/zcatjpg

Ill give you a GREAT deal on it as i own my own shop. The breakout box is H-D only part. I can get you that too. It is an expensive tool to have and there are different breakout boxes for different parts of the bike, harness, and you have to purchase the box you want plus the diodes, connectors, etc... seperately. The fuel pressure tester will set you back about $500. Not a cheap way to go and not needed by someone not making a living with it in my opinion. Still if you want it ill sell it to you. PM me if interested

Last edited by texas_speed_freak; 12-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Moog Player
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There will be no computer/ECM/ECU on the bike. Therefore no codes will ever be generated. I will not have systems on my vehicles I can not work on. (especially out on the road.) Since it turns out my existing FI ECU is not reprogrammable, and I'm not happy with it's operation, it's gone. Way less expensive and easier to do than reinventing an FI system for the bike. I no longer have full access to an eddy current dyno to remap a new system on. So megasquirt is out as is S&S and any other system I've seen.

Quick Reply: Looking for dealer who will sell Harley SPX Kent-Moore tools to the public