Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe Florida Lights (LEDs) Installed w video

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 AM
loxahatcheeFatBoy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At biketoberfest there were a lot of bikes with lights looked into it not sure I'm sold on the idea. They do some cool things with lights.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I like your avatar video better lol!!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM
keith t
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where do you guys with led s under the front fender route/feed the wires? Thinking of putting on mine too

Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by keith t
Where do you guys with led s under the front fender route/feed the wires? Thinking of putting on mine too
I ran the fendor LED strip wires with my front caliper brake hoses up the forks and near the frame and followed other wires that ran along the backbone under the tank to JF's brainbox unit. I placed mine under the seat up front in the open cavity area.

Just be sure to put your inline fuse somewhere you can get to it easily. I had mine under the seat near the battery on my original install. Once I went to use it and I must have been hammering on the buttons too fast and it popped the fuse and all the LED's went out. I had to remove the seat to swap out the fuse. Not easy on the road. So I moved my inline fuse to a locatino behind the ride side panel infront of the right rear hard bag. Easier to get to and it can be changed out on the road if necessary.

I have the 207 Multi Color Kit from JF. Pleased for sure. I also upped the fuse from the 3amp supplied one to a 5amp. I've never had an issue with the 5amp installed. Also be careful when you install the led strips over a curved area. My left bottom frame long LED had a few LEDS that didn't show all colors. If I pressed on it they lit up. I had to reglue them in place with a zip tie to add some pressure to the strip. I can only think that I must have stressed the strip when I was applying it to the frame bar on the bottom. I tested all the strips before I began to install them so I do know they all worked out of the box. Once I got the strip pressed in now it works perfect. I put them on in March 2012 and have had no issues with them at all.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by GMRO; 12-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.