Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 flhpi police road king, a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 07 flhpi police road king, a couple questions

the 07 police rk that you guys helped me decide on is on the way. being shipped. it had 16k on the clock.

first. i know what to check on the air cleaner for stage 1, but any way to know if they did any fuel mamagement? i suspect it will have the stock pipes. do you think they tried to solve a heat issue - florida bike.

second. how would i check to see if they did any rear end stabilizer. you would think that since it has the probability of high speed activity, that they would have looked into this.

third. i have read posts about the wobble, heat and starter issues. anything else i should look out for.

thanks in advance - tin

Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 AM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stop worring about all the B.S and enjoy it .If you belive everthing you read on here it will drive you crazy.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

If the bike is fresh off lease from a PD, it will be bone showroom stock. You most likely will have to do the stage 1 to reduce the heat. Look under the frame to see if a stabilizer is attached ( I doubt it is). Wobble? Yes is can happen on high speed sweepers if you hit some bumps. The more your leaning the more pronounced it could be. Bike will probably run on the hot side due to leaned out motor from factory. Should start just fine. Stage 1 at minimum will help drivability and engine smoothnes and response. At least it did on mine. Try to get some service records on the bike. It was probably done at a dealer somewhere. If the PD did it, it may be tougher to get.

Last edited by carpetride; 02-01-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 604 Likes on 326 Posts

First go and enjoy it..go to your local Harley shop with the VIN #s and they will be able to tell ya what has been done so far such as a Stage 1 download.As far as the Heat Issue you probably need a crotch cooler we sell a lot of them.I have an 07 Police Road King and it is a great Bike.That 6 speed with the 103 is a very nice set up,so just get out there and enjoy it ...

Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 AM
UALCapt
Cruiser

Agree with all of the above. Also, check out www.retiredpolicebikes.com for great forum info particular to FLHP's and FLHTP's.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:07 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior

thanks to all.

tin

Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Towboater07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it wobbles at high speeds, put Dunlap Elite 3 tires on it.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Towboater07
If it wobbles at high speeds, put Dunlap Elite 3 tires on it.
i would, but want WWW.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fuel management devices usually 'piggy-back' onto the ECM/ECU. Pop open the right side cover to see if anything is plugged in between the ECM/ECU module and main wire harness. Will usually have the add-on control module mounted near the OEM module. May also be and adjusting module under left side cover. Congrats on the new RKPI! You may just be lucky enuff to enjoy it as much as I do my ol' 99!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Smoke2115
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a police motor officer and a few years ago we had the 07 police road kings. There was a problem with the starters, but harley recalled them and quickley fixed the problem. I'm sure the agency that own ur bike also had the problem resolved. As far as high speeds wobbles, I never had that problem either. Stop stressing and enjoy ur HOG)

Quick Reply: 07 flhpi police road king, a couple questions